More Fish

Stitcher

Reaction score
I want to get some Yo Yo Botias & Corys to add to my fish I have now but this waiting for cycle to complete is driving me nuts. Took reading today (day 16) and 3rd day in a row same readings;
0 ammonia ; 0.1 nitrite ; 5 nitrate
When I'm I going to be able to get YoYo a friend :-\

COBettaCouple

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Hope you'll soon have the cycle completed and showing off pics of your new fish.

Luniyn

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Are you sure it's 0.1 and not 1.0 nitrite? The smallest number I can read (other then 0 of course) in my test equipment is 0.25ppm.

Stitcher

Reaction score
My scale goes 0 ; 0.1 ; 0.3 ; 0.8 ; 1.6 ; 3.3 mg/L In booklet says mg/L same as ppm
Its a Nutrafin kit.

Luniyn

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Ah OK... yeah those kits are for both fresh and salt water use hence the higher resolution. I think it's more important in salt water to be so accurate. With fresh water a 0.1 reading would be zero on most other test kits. I would say that for all intents and purposes you can consider yourself cycled. Or heck, do a 25% water change and you should be good to go. If you want to wait it out though it really shouldn't be too much longer. Those last few ppm do seem to take forever. Good Luck!

Stitcher

Reaction score
Thanks Luniyn. thats what I was thinking but it sure helps when someone says it out load.
I figure it my readings stay here, I'll take the kids to LFS and let them add one or two fish to the community. Increase stock slowly.

COBettaCouple

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Stitcher said:
Thanks Luniyn. thats what I was thinking but it sure helps when someone says it out load.
I figure it my readings stay here, I'll take the kids to LFS and let them add one or two fish to the community. Increase stock slowly.
Be careful.. if MTS hits you while you're there, they could each end up with a tank.

Stitcher

Reaction score
Thanks for the warning But i think its to late, Son want a crab and I told him not in the community tank so we decided to get a smaller tank going in his room. ;D

Luniyn

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Stitcher said:
Thanks for the warning But i think its to late, Son want a crab and I told him not in the community tank so we decided to get a smaller tank going in his room. ;D
LOL! Oh no... it's an epidemic. And very good on the "Increase stock slowly" idea, that will really help keep things under control and not cause a mini-cycle. Looks like you've got things well in hand. Enjoy the fishies!

COBettaCouple

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Stitcher said:
You try to warn people, but they go ahead and get infected anyways Good job! Why don't they put warning labels on these tanks: "May be habit forming!"..

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom