more fish

1. atmmachine816 Fishlore VIP Member

i feel like i havent been on forever so busy with school but i have about 10 inches of fish to fill up my tank with does anyboyd have suggestions i am kinda stuck i am getting 4 ottos but i still need some suggestions

2. atmmachine816 Fishlore VIP Member

o il be on later

3. 0morrokh Fishlore VIP Member

First of all I would get at least one more Cory since they like to be kept in a small shoal.  Otos would be good.  If you get four that leaves you with 2 inches, which may or may not be enough to get another Cory depending on the species. If not, I would go with 3 Otos so you can get another Cory. 

4. atmmachine816 Fishlore VIP Member

no the ten inches is after i get the otos and i dont want to get anymore corys because i already tried that and they did get along the the new cory ended up dieing and the corys are over 10 years old and i cant find any of the same type as they are so more corys are out of the question so i still need ten more inches of fish the otos are included in the 20 inches count but i am kinda stuck on what type of fish to get because i cant seem to find any that will get along with the angels besides livebearers and i would rather not get them and leave them as a last resort or just leave extra space in the tank but if anyboyd can think of a good fish i would really appreiciated it thanks

5. fish_r_friend Well Known Member Member

how about neon tetras or zebra danios

6. atmmachine816 Fishlore VIP Member

dont really want danios as they need to be in large groups and lots of swimming space and i dont have that for them and neons have a very good chance of getting eaten

7. Miss Mouse Well Known Member Member

How about a few hatchett fish?They're amusing ;D

8. Jon Well Known Member Member

i dont have any good suggestions but was just wondering if your guppies get harrassed? i would think a male fancy tailed guppy would attract a male betta.

9. atmmachine816 Fishlore VIP Member

nope all the fish are fine and problem with hatchett fish is i have never seen them before in any of my lfs

10. RoboDude Member Member

maybe a female betta

11. atmmachine816 Fishlore VIP Member

i have a male betta so that wouldnt work