More Fish In 300 Litre Tank?

Discussion in 'Freshwater Aquarium Builds' started by Ebphoenix, Apr 12, 2018.

1. Ebphoenix

Ebphoenix New Member Member

Hey everyone. I have a 300L coldwater tank. I had been keeping fancy goldfish but fancied a different direction. Originally thought about tropical but heard it can be expensive to keep a big tank heated. So decided to look at smaller coldwater fish.

I have had Danios and WCMM before with some Variatus platy in a smaller tank. It was a lovely mix. But now i have a much bigger tank, i am thinking of stocking ideas. I currently have just added 8 Zebra/leopard & gold zebra Danios and 6 WCMMs.

I did want to put some Variatus platy in but ive been reading they actually prefer the tank abit warmer (20ish) and maybe a gentler water flow. I am undecided what i can add next. Any ideas?. Perhaps just more Danio/ WCMM combos?.

2. OP
    OP
    Ebphoenix

Ebphoenix New Member Member

I just realized this is mostly an American forum of you all use gallons instead of litres!. Oops lol. Anyway its a 65 gallon tank roughly translated i think. Same query though.

3. Hunter1

Hunter1 Well Known Member Member

I would get a 200 watt heater and doors would open up for you.

How warm is the house kept?

Even the danios like it in the lower 70s.

4. Baba

Baba Well Known Member Member

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice