More Filteration?

remy113

Valued Member
Reaction score
Hey guys I spot on another forum on here that people where saying more filtration is better? I didn’t want to highjack their post. So it got me thinking should I get more maybe an air powered filter ? Im running a 30 g tank with 2 gold fish and 2 plecos(yes I know tank is to small for the fish working on that) I’m running a penguin 200 hub filter with 2 filter cartridges and a bio wheel and that’s it. What do you guys suggest or is that enough? I don’t want crazy expensive either

qchris87

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
With a heavy bioload I would add another filter. The penguin 200 has only 200 gph giving you almost 7x the volume of the tank per hour. For HOBs you want to aim for 8-10x. For goldfish and plecos, I would go extra. You can add a sponge filter or an internal filter, they're on the cheaper size.

remy113

Valued Member
Reaction score
qchris87 said:
With a heavy bioload I would add another filter. The penguin 200 has only 200 gph giving you almost 7x the volume of the tank per hour. For HOBs you want to aim for 8-10x. For goldfish and plecos, I would go extra. You can add a sponge filter or an internal filter, they're on the cheaper size.
Okay I was searching thru for some noticed not many options for them I only really came up wit 2 that look like they would work I’ll link picks below which would you suggestv
IMG_1077.jpg
IMG_1078.jpg

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom