More Baby Pictures of course, from Rose!

Status
Not open for further replies.

chickadee

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
These are a little blurry as I am getting used to new contacts and am going a little balmy myself but I just had to get some new Noel and Marty shots and of course Misty is GROWING! Sad to say she is not going to be a white after all but a lttle pineapple colored girl, but I love them as well. Her fins are starting to show splashes of red ond still for the most part remaining cellophane with a blue cast when the light casts on them. She also has her red "mohawk" on the dorsal fin which I think is adorable, but I couldn't be a little prejudiced could I?

Well, here goes, I am about to bore you all silly with my endless supply of baby pictures AGAIN!!!

Rose

P.S. there is also a picture of Piglet one of my Zebra Nerita Snails in there in case you wonder what the dot on top of the cave is. The otos weren't allowed in the bettas territory so it was getting overrun with algae and so I fooled the bettas and got them each one a snail so they had something they couldn't bully.

Attachments

OP
chickadee

chickadee

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Isabella -

Is that one of your babies in your thumbnail photo? It is beautiful!!!

Rose

OP
chickadee

chickadee

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Emma said:
Wow!  The blue one is Marty?!  He has changed so much!  He used to be so much paler, and his fins were so much smaller
yes, Marty is indeed fully finned now! He is going through puberty and is NAUGHTY! He chases the otos unmercifully and is the tank bad boy LOL. He did have a small run in with Pooh (the snail) and got his nose bopped when he tried to nip him on the shell. It was just a little humorous to watch him back up and realize the snail was something he couldn't nip.
He hasn't tried that again.

He is actually the biggest of the bettas now. Even Noel is not as big as he is. He measures in at at least 13/4" where Noel is only 1 1/2" and Misty is about 3/4" without fins.

Did you ever think our little Marty would grow up so fast? And he is not full grown yet!

Rose

Isabella

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Rose, haha, no the thumbnail photo is not of my baby angel! It's a picture of some beautiful angel off the Internet. It's an adult angel, most likely altum variety, and short-finned.

newbie101

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Isabella said:
Rose, haha, no the thumbnail photo is not of my baby angel! It's a picture of some beautiful angel off the Internet. It's an adult angel, most likely altum variety, and short-finned.
it was my desktop pic a while ago, I thought it looked familiar ;D

Isabella

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Emma, where did you find that photo? I found it somewhere on google but don't remember the website's address. Perhaps it is the same as yours.

beckers4oranges

Valued Member
Reaction score
rose...i bought another betta the other day... easter day actually... now i have 6 bettas all together...i will get you some pictures of them ASAP because i know you love them...just like i love your little guys (and gal)

OP
chickadee

chickadee

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
beckers4oranges said:
rose...i bought another betta the other day... easter day actually... now i have 6 bettas all together...i will get you some pictures of them ASAP because i know you love them...just like i love your little guys (and gal)
Congratulations & Welcome to #6!!!!!!!

I am so excited!  I don't think I have even seen all of the first five yet!!  You know I have never seen a betta I do not LOVE!!
I don't see many baby pictures anymore.  Did everyone's cameras break?????  I don't know when to quit so it is beginning to look like the section is my kiddies photo book.

I will try to wait patiently for the pictures, but tell us about them if you don't get the pictures out okay?  What are they like?
Best of luck and have fun with them, I know you love them!!

Rose

0morrokh

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Misty is turning out so beautiful! It will be fun to see how she turns out! I wish I could post pics of my babies...but unfortunately I don't have a digital cam or a scanner. I'll have to convince my parents life is not complete without a digital camera!

OP
chickadee

chickadee

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I am curious to see if the pictures will post and I just happen to have a couple of new ones. I am going to try to put a couple in so if they don't show up I will try later when things get back to normal.

Well, I guess it is not going to let me put in more than one picture if that one will go in. The "more attachments" doesn't work. So I am sending a long shot of Misty's set-up. She wanted to show off her "digs"

If I have a bunch of typos forgive me, I am still fighting the battle of the new eyewear and cannot really read very well.

Rose

Attachments

Caitlin Rose

Reaction score
What is that plant in the second photo? The one with holey leaves- I like it is it fake? If not please let me know what kind and where I might get some, thanks!

OP
chickadee

chickadee

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Nope it is a real plant. It grows from a bulb and it is called the Madagascar Lace Plant - now the folks at Plantgeek.net would have me call it by its real name of Aponogenton - I probably don't have it spelled right, but I have always heard it referred to as the Madagascar lace Plant.

I bought the bulb from a friend of mine who sold me my fish. I don't know where you would find one other than a fish store or through Off-ice maybe on the Plantgeeks.net forum or here on the swap and trade portion of this forum. (I don't know that he has them but he would be an excellent source if he does, his plants are the best)

Thank you for the comment. I really love the plant and Noel is absolutely wild about it. He sleeps on it and gets so mad at me when I thin it out so it is shorter. The plant gets quite tall and needs to have the really tall leaves removed occasionally from my tank as mine is a tall tank rather than a long one.

Rose

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Right you are Rose, Aponogeton madagascariensis commonly known as the madagascar Lace plant. It's grown from a bulb.
Carol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toggle Sidebar

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom