More Babies

1. navyscuba Well Known Member Member

:anim_65:
    So I got newly hatch OB's Electric Blue Peacocks and Just now I stripped one of my Obliquens. Yay :;bananasplit We did it. Have been waiting to get some eggs a long time ago. Few times the eggs went bad cuz of faulty tumbler or the plecos would suck the eggs through the mesh or tip it over. I change my design and after hours of research on the net and checking other ways I manage to get one super tumbler that is has been proven to work. So I got those fish by tumbling the eggs and now finally I have Zebra Obliquen eggs. So hopefully I get to raise some Obliquens soon. Btw the fish looking at the eggs tumbling is the Mom.

Attached Files:

2. Tony G. Fishlore VIP Member

Congrats! they've entered the washing machine :giggle:

3. navyscuba Well Known Member Member

You know it Tony. ;D

4. Tony G. Fishlore VIP Member

Lol

5. Gouramiguy17 Well Known Member Member

The mom wants her eggs back, be careful sticking your hand in that tank, that mom will have a grudge against you for ever

6. navyscuba Well Known Member Member

Haha. They know me already.

7. harpua2002 Fishlore VIP Member

Very cool pics!

8. navyscuba Well Known Member Member

Thanks. ;D

9. peacemaker92 Well Known Member Member

Congrats on the babies! :;hf

10. Aquarist Fishlore Legend Member

Hello Navy.:;hi2 I've never seen a tumbler before. Very neat! Congrats on the eggs! Best wishes for some healthy fry. Amazing that Mom knows those are her eggs. :)
    Keep us posted.
    Ken

11. lorabell Well Known Member Member

How cool is that!!!!! Never saw or heard of a tumbler b4.....guess I have more reading to do!!!!! Hope they all make it!!!!!

12. Amanda Fishlore VIP Member

I've never heard of a tumbler before! That's really cool, congrats on the eggs!

13. bolivianbaby Fishlore Legend Member

WOOHOO! Congratulations! I'm so happy for you! I hope Shawnie sees this thread! She's been looking for a fem obliquen!

Please, please, please let me know when they're ready for their new homes! I'll gladly home some of your babies here in GA!

14. Shawnie Fishlore Legend Member

:;wv i need a few fems..i have 2 boys now LOL and only 1 gal...congrats grampa!!!!!!!!

15. navyscuba Well Known Member Member

Thanks for all your awesome comments. This is like I said before like my 4th Tumbler design. They all worked but as soon as the net on the bottom got a bit of sediment from the water the eggs got fungus or the tumbling action got way down and the plecos sucked them out and basically ate them. So this one is a whole new way for me with double netting on bottom and top and works like a sponge filter with an air pump creating suction at the base. BB and Shawnie as soon as I get some that I can sex they will be going on your guys way. :;thx

16. Shawnie Fishlore Legend Member

want another male your way ? LOL :whistling:

17. btate617 Well Known Member Member

Right on Navy congrats. Tumblers are the way to go with many species.

Brian

18. navyscuba Well Known Member Member

Sure Why not. :clapping: