More aquarium questions from a novice :)

1. Gingerbaby9 Initiate Member

Ok so now that the amonia problem is under control I have a new set of problems. First we just got through an Ick breakout. Everyone seems to have recovered well. However, shrub the treatment and raising of the temperature, my dalmation molly gave birth to about 11 fry! They are all faring well, plenty of plants and places to find shelter. That's not the problem I don't think, the problem is there's this strange ring of bubbly slime going around the top edge of the aquarium? It seems to have just appeared today. I do have 5 snails, can it be from them, if so why is it only showing up just now and what is it for?

2. lbonini1 Well Known Member Member

Do you have any pictures?

My best guess could be that it's just typical aquarium gunk or it could be clumps of places where beneficial bacteria are sticking.

Have you used any household cleaners or anything around the tank recently?

3. Gingerbaby9 Initiate Member

No I do not use any chemicals in our around the tank. I'll post a pic just a min. please, I suppose it could be normal bc until recently I had been doing very large water changes almost daily and I'm now able to slow down a bit. Maybe I'm just seeing what has been being cleared away by the water changes.

4. Gingerbaby9 Initiate Member

[​IMG]