More Angels

Discussion in 'Navyscuba' started by navyscuba, Apr 8, 2010.

1. navyscuba

navyscuba Well Known Member Member

So most of you know I have been breeding Angelsfish for a bit now. I currently have 2 separate tanks with Juvies. One has about 40 of them. Their size ranges from 2" to 2.5" and the other tank has about 40 more and are about 1.25" to 1.75" from top to bottom fin. So about 2 weeks or so one pair of Angels spawned again and they are about 3/16" got about 30 and then 2 days ago the same pair spawned again and got wigglers yesterday. Wow been a little busy lately. :anim_63: Got tons of them now. :oops:

2. Meenu

Meenu Fishlore VIP Member

That's awesome. When are you posting pics, Riv?

3. OP
    OP
    navyscuba

The little ones are way to small for pics but probably tomorrow I get the ones bigger in size.

4. Butterfly

Butterfly Moderator Moderator Member

Congrats! I love watch angel fry grow from little torpedo looking things to actually having wings (fins :))

5. Goldwing_Don

Goldwing_Don Well Known Member Member

Congrats Riv,:;hf It's always cool to get wigglers but even better to raise fry.:;hi2

6. OP
    OP
    navyscuba

Thanks guys. I know what you mean. They grow their little fins really fast tho. They look so cool as tiny miniature angels. Haha The ones that hatched a week or so ago are getting their fins already. I got a lot of Marbles again tho. I'm thinking about getting a veil Koi to get a different strand going too. Kois are so awesome looking.

7. bubblynutter

bubblynutter Well Known Member Member

I have to disagree. I LOVE my marble, he is an amazingly beautiful boy.
    I'm not a fan of the koi look, much prefer the darker colours on angels. Even white angels I don't like as much.

I'm trying to figure out how I can get a female to a decent size for my Gandalf, and if I can get them to pair off. It's annoying that he's mature now, but doesn't have a mate (I didn't know about them being picky choosers when I got them!).

8. OP
    OP
    navyscuba

I know Mine pair up by one Marble koi with a smoke and another marble koi with a goldie. Now I got a Pearlscale silver with a smoke and see if they pair up.

9. bolivianbaby

bolivianbaby Fishlore Legend Member

Congratulations, Riv! Can't wait for pics!

10. Aquarist

Aquarist Fishlore Legend Member

Yeah!!!! Congrats Navy! I'll be looking forward to the photos.
    Have a good day today!
    Ken

11. OP
    OP
    navyscuba

Thanks guys. I just took some pics now. The first is the first group.(oldest) then followed by the medium sized guys. the third pic are the ones that are just getting their fins and last the wigglers. You can see at the bottom of the pic on the left one that is pretty much ready to be a free swimmer. Hope you enjoy. :happy0034:

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 9, 2010
  12. l

lorabell Well Known Member Member

Yeah!!!!!! Congrats on ALL the babies!!!!!!.....so wheres the pics?????......lol.....

13. OP
    OP
    navyscuba

Haha I was adding the pics when you posted.

14. Goldwing_Don

Good pictures.. Took you long enought...JK Nice looking Angels Riv

15. OP
    OP
    navyscuba

Thanks. Sorry took forever Got one of the girls with high fever. Don't know why is just fever nothing else. She is like me the only thing to control the fever on me is a cold shower and alternating motrin and tylenol.

16. Goldwing_Don

i was (just kidding) JK .. sorry to hear your girl is sick . hope she is better soon.

17. OP
    OP
    navyscuba

Thanks the fever is down today but we'll see.

18. konstargirl

konstargirl Well Known Member Member

They are adorable. How old are the fry now?

19. Meenu

Meenu Fishlore VIP Member

These are awesome, Riv. I hope your girl is better,

20. OP
    OP
    navyscuba

Yeap She is Ok, it was like a one day bug, but the weird thing is that She only had fever and nothing else. Thanks Hope they don't lay eggs in a bit cuz don't have anymore room for eggs to hatch. :;smack

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice