moonlighting options

atmmachine816

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
When you bought yours you bought the single one's not the hub right, and blue light correct?  I might get one to see how it works tonight but was wondering about his, thanks.

chickadee

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Re: Rose which one

I bought the single lights that were blue that is true but you have to buy a hub for each tank unless they sit within 3 feet of each other and then they can share a hub for up to 3 lights.  You cannot use the lights without a hub as the hub is what plugs into the wall socket and the light plugs into the hub.  You can use any of the light colors in the hub and the hub will either be free standing of has a suction cup to attach to the side of a tank.  I really like mine for the 12 gallon tank but the bettas wake up when I turn it off if I have the hub on  the side of the tank so I have to leave it free standing.  (it makes quite a click when you turn it off)

Here is one that does not need a hub and would be a little less expensive if that would help

Rose

atmmachine816

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years

Yes unfortunately I bought it and not the hub. So now I have it but it does not work until I buy the hub. My mom might take me back up again this week as the BNplecos were in quarntine and if not I can get it on presidents day. On yours it seemed a bit bright and I was wondering if three on a 29 gallon would be good as I don't want it very bright?

thanks for the info, I'm just going to stick with the ones that you have, already have one.

chickadee

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years

I have 3 in the 12 gallon and I had enhanced the picture a bit to brighten it so the picture showed the tanks contents. It is just a nice nightlight type of brightness in actuality. The 5 gallon tanks have one in them and are just about right for the size of them and could possibly be okay for up to say a 6 or 7 gallon with one. You can try one and this is the nice thing about these... you can add them one at a time up to three in one hub and you have a chance to try them out before adding to them.

Rose

atmmachine816

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years

Yes I think I"m just going to buy an adapter for just one and try it out, if I like it then I'll buy a hub and three more for my 29. this way the inital cost isn't that much and I probably only need one for my 5.5 so then Buying a hub later won't effect anything. Thanks for the input will let you know how things go when I buy a hub or adapter.

atmmachine816

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years

WOW it's gona cost me 45$ for three lights and a hub at Drs. foster and smith, these things are expensive. do you know if they ever put sales on for stuff like that, thanks?

chickadee

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years

They are brand new and so I do not think so. I would bet that they will have to be around for quite a while before any one puts them on sale.

Rose

atmmachine816

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years

darn, well thanks, might just wait till my store has a sale to get them, they usualy put everything on sale.

thanks

atmmachine816

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years

think these would work better. 

Isabella

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Atm, I want to buy these too.

atmmachine816

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I'm not real sure how they work and how many I would need though unfortunately.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom