mood lights?

hopesmom

Valued Member
Reaction score
I was wondering what these 4 tiny blue lights with suction cups on them are for? I was given them in a bag of fish stuff with the tank, and they work, but don't give off much light, and kinda look messy with allthese extra cords..are they plant lights, or mood lights for human enjoyment, or nightlights for the fish? the gravel was blue, so maybe just decorative, and not purposeful? just wondering? does anyone have a pic showing how they are supposed to be placed? thanks in advance, Denise

Isabella

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
They're most likely moon lights Supposedly the fish cannot see this light at night, and fish that are active at night can be viewed exhibiting their natural behaviors thanks to this light. Of course, they should be turned on only at night, without the regular fluorescent light that you have over your tank.

hopesmom

Valued Member
Reaction score
ohhh. okay, well that's probably to see the pleco at work then. He always hides during the day.
Denise

Lucy_kk

Valued Member
Reaction score
i have wanted some moon lights for aggggges, i just came on here to post a topic about it!
Does anyone know if they run off a seperate generatir box thingy? Or do they plug in? Also are they really expensive?
Many thanks
Lucy

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom