Moneywort And Anubias

Barch
I have a 20 gallon with some java fern I just keep roots exposed on, moneywort and an anubis plant. I buried the anubis roots and the moneywort had a rubberband around the root/stems and I buried them all together. It's only been a week, haven't seen any growth.

I never owned any especially ones we need to bury the roots so I'm just wondering when I do my gravel vacuum tonight do I just rebury the roots or should I avoid touching them at all?

Ty

Advertisement
Plecodreams
I don't know, my anubias plants are the same.

Advertisement
JAMarlow
For the Anubias, don't bury the rhizome, as it will rot if buried. They do better attached to a rock or some driftwood (they are also easier to vacuum around). An Anubias with just the roots in the gravel will tend to float up to the top at any little disturbance.

Anubias area also VERY slow growers. It might take a month before you see any new growth, specially if the plant is still acclimatizing to your tank.

max h
On the money wort just vac near the plant, it will start growing roots sooner then you know. The anubias should be attached to something with the rhizome above the substrate level. Granted I have one that has the rhizome buried right now waiting on some more driftwood to get here in 2 days.

Jocelyn Adelman
So the anubias is the same as your java, don’t need to bury anything (prefers exposed roots, and need to leave rhizome exposed always).
Bacopa I would take off the rubberband (cut right above where it’s located). That area will just turn to mush, better to have a fresh cutting.
Be gentle the first two weeks, after that you can vacuum as normal. At times I won’t vacuum in the area of stems, depends on my mood that day.

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
Mudminnow
Replies
Views
jmaldo
Replies
Views
Shrimpee
Replies