Money Vs Looks

Discussion in 'Polls' started by Jai, Apr 8, 2006.

1. JaiValued MemberMember

If you was to notice a fish that you just loved in a shop, and it costs alot :eek: Would you consider getting it and ignore the cost? or would you say "when i win the lottery!" 8)

2. Dino

DinoFishlore VIPMember

I have not had that problem in a long time.
    Pretty much since I started with the post office.
    I have however passed up fish that were over priced.
    Fish that were expensive but worth what was being asked, were purchased.

dino

3. 0morrokh

0morrokhFishlore VIPMember

Considering the fact that I am consistently broke due to spending too much money on pet stuff, I would have to say no to any fish more than a few bucks. ::) It actually happened to me once, I was going to get some Panda Cories until I found out they were like 10 bucks apiece. :eek: :'(

4. wolfman21Valued MemberMember

if i couldn't afford it I wouldn't. Lucky I dont like the expensive fish as much as the less expensive ones.

5. Jimold

JimoldWell Known MemberMember

If it's an exceptionally beautiful fish, like my red-gold angel, then the cost is irrelivant...

6. lolagurlWell Known MemberMember

to me the cost is irrelevant if you see a little live creature that is more then a few bucks ..or more pricey then usual i would still have..i mean i probably used another ten bucks that day to buy food or a pair of socks lol..these fish you have for years so get ones you will always enjoy

7. Neville

NevilleWell Known MemberMember

i've seen a silver arowana a few days back, its price was Tk 50,000(US$700). now, i can't afford that.

8. Jimold

Wow, he must have been a really big one. One of the LFS's near me has one that's like 18 inches... but it's got a "Not for sale" sign on it, so I don't know what it's worth

9. Isabella

IsabellaFishlore VIPMember

First of all, I would never buy any fish (no matter what the price) without first researching about it. Buying fish on impulse usually ends in disaster. Now, if I had researched the fish well and determined that it is suitable for my tank, and if I REALLY REALLY wanted to have this fish, I guess I'd pay more if I had to. I mean, as long as this fish doesn't cost a fortune! LOL ;D I don't think I'd spend as much as $700 for one fish ... that's a "bit" (lol) too extreme for me. But I'd pay $50 or so for a real nice fish that I wanted. I think large and beautiful Discus cost around $50.

10. Jimold

Isabella, there's a beautiful Lion fish at one of our LFS's. I don't remember the variety, but even though he's only about as big as my finger, his fins spread like 10", and he's GORGEOUS!!!. He's also almost $100.00
    If I had a saltwater tank big enough I'd buy him in a second!

11. FishFyerValued MemberMember

A silver arrowana may seem expensive but a small gold crossback goes for about $6,000 and a full grown super red arrowana goes for about $30,000. Now thats expensive.

12. Neville

the arowana that i saw was near 2 feet long. lionfish r beautiful too. their spines r venomous, saltwater fish r very rare in my city, few people import them from abroad.

13. sick-lid boyValued MemberMember

I'd buy an expensive fish if I really wanted it. Fortunately, I like to get fish that are as young as possible so I can watch them grow and mature, and most fish I would want are not that expensive as youths. I don't consider any fish under $30 or $40 all that expensive.

14. Jimold

Actually, I live right on the gulf of mexico. I don't know if it's a good idea, but some of the best saltwater fish you could just go out scuba diving and catch in a net...

15. genie

genieWell Known MemberMember

Depends on how much. Up to $50 (that is expensive to me) then I would get it. $51++ probably have to walk away or save for awhile and cry to my husband a lot.

16. Neville

hi jai, that's a nice german shepherd is it your dog? i have a cat, her name is bonita; i also like dogs, i'm looking for a great dane for a long time, but couldn't find one in my country(bangladesh)...bad luck. :-[

17. lolagurlWell Known MemberMember

those arrowana things are ugly...sry i know their endangered but i wouldnt take one for free.

18. GargoyleWell Known MemberMember

I'd buy a fish for a buck fifty and use the other 3.50 from my 5 to make my tank better for the fish... ;D

19. SHPEPoserValued MemberMember

I wouldn't unless I could afford it. This is why I'm selling my babies to the local fish store to build up enough money to get the real pretty ones. Plus I get the pick of the litter of the fish I have now. :)

20. FishPirateL337Valued MemberMember

I buy mine young, and few fish are expensive when they are young.
    But I found a 14in Wolf Cichlid that actually tried to break the glass with a rock to get to me after I teased it.
    It was hard not to fork over the 175$ for it.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice