Mom’s sick fish

UnloadedRex

C7BB8F99-75B5-4C35-94F8-B0D134496736.jpeg
this is the newest member of my moms fish tank and I would love any help identifying what disease or sickness it has. It was given to her by a neighbor who also has an aquarium because apparently he was getting harassed by the fish in her aquarium. He had small lumps on him when we got him and we’ve treated the water several times and talked to local pet stores for advice but nothing has worked for this guy. He’s a trooper and doesn’t seem to be super affected as he still eats, swims around, and overall acts normal but this infection or whatever it is seems to keep growing. Any help about what it is and how to treat it would be greatly appreciated.

F9364FAD-C84D-4D32-806D-410C21C2E20E.jpeg
8DEB0296-C470-41D5-B03F-5035A7CB3644.jpeg

otterblue

I'm not sure, but I think the more knowledgeable people would recommend frequent water changes and aquarium salt - but hopefully someone else responds.

Tigerburp

C7BB8F99-75B5-4C35-94F8-B0D134496736.jpeg
this is the newest member of my moms fish tank and I would love any help identifying what disease or sickness it has. It was given to her by a neighbor who also has an aquarium because apparently he was getting harassed by the fish in her aquarium. He had small lumps on him when we got him and we’ve treated the water several times and talked to local pet stores for advice but nothing has worked for this guy. He’s a trooper and doesn’t seem to be super affected as he still eats, swims around, and overall acts normal but this infection or whatever it is seems to keep growing. Any help about what it is and how to treat it would be greatly appreciated.

F9364FAD-C84D-4D32-806D-410C21C2E20E.jpeg
8DEB0296-C470-41D5-B03F-5035A7CB3644.jpeg
Have you tried maraclyn?

UnloadedRex

Have you tried maraclyn?
I’m not sure but I’ll suggest it to my mom, thank you

Tigerburp

I’m not sure but I’ll suggest it to my mom, thank you
It’s basically a broad spectrum antibiotic should help with most diseases

prasunchoudhari

go for frequent partial water changes
like 20% weekly and aquarium salt as suggested on the packaging or the LFS
also try to get hands on tetracycline (its antibiotic which treats most of the diseases)

Tigerburp

go for frequent partial water changes
like 20% weekly and aquarium salt as suggested on the packaging or the LFS
also try to get hands on tetracycline (its antibiotic which treats most of the diseases)
Just to clarify,this is the same as maraclyn do NOT use both

prasunchoudhari

Just to clarify,this is the same as maraclyn do NOT use both
sorry didn't read your previous suggestion
you can go on with any one which is available with your LFS

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Zedelgee
Replies
Views
MacZ