Momma cherry died, how to take care of her eggs?

HenryC

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Well this actually happened about a week ago. For some reason one of my berried neos passed away (woke up and found her lying on her side).

I am not sure how much time it passed since she died, but it was probably not long before I found her. Gave it a whiff and she didn't smelll of ammonia. Anyways, I carefully scrapped away her eggs and placed them in a small glass bottle with clean water and an airstone, I have no egg tumbler so I wasn't prepared for this :(. But do you think this would work? I change the water daily and the airstone makes the eggs move and tumble.

I attached a pic of the eggs, as well as one that is safe to say didn't make it right? It's all fuzzy and cream colored. The other ones seem to have little eyes and red "veins". Do you think they're developing and healthy?

Any tips on what I should do to make sure these babies hatch? Hopefully I can rescue the shrimplets.

Here are the photos:

SM1199

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
What you've got set up now is about the best that could be done. Remove any fungused (pale, fuzzy) eggs ASAP to prevent it spreading to the other healthy ones.

richiep

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Looking at the second photo they are not far off swimming free under the circumstances your doing a great job and I wish you well

mrsP

Reaction score
You're doing great. Please keep us updated how they're doing, I'm sure I'm not only curious person around.

OP
HenryC

HenryC

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Thank you everybody! I will update when and if they hatch!

PascalKrypt

Well Known
Reaction score
For next time, you can make a simple, cheap egg tumbler of your own with a piece of PVC-tube, nylon stocking you can cut into and an air stone with a valve to control the flow rate.

New Threads