Molly's not eating

Discussion in 'Molly' started by klutz10154, Nov 28, 2012.

1. klutz10154

klutz10154 Valued Member Member

My molly's not eating :( this is the first day I've noticed this but normally she rushes to the food. she's also been hiding alot. any idea what might be going on?

2. fishynoob

fishynoob Well Known Member Member

Could she be pregnant?
    What are the water parameters like?

3. OP
    OP
    klutz10154

the molly is the one in the pic right next to here it was taken last week. there is a chance she is pregnant I haven't tested the water today but I will in just a min

4. OP
    OP
    klutz10154

the test showed it at (I am at the end of a cycle btw and these are identical readings I've had for the last three days and 2 50% pwc's have been done) amm ~ 0~.25 nitrites~3.0 Nitrate 30ppm

5. f

fishyluv Well Known Member Member

You need some prime ASAP. It will detox your ammonia and nitrites for 24 hrs and keep your fish safe until the next water change which should be done daily until your nitrites are 0 and stay at 0. Get a ml syringe and use that as prime is very concentrated. I use 1/2 ml for 5 gals for example. Prime is very good and will keep your fish safe until your tanks cycled. Hope this helps and good luck!!!

6. OP
    OP
    klutz10154

This is day 3 of daily water changes. bucket one lol we use prime with every water change as is directed on the bottle and weekly for maintenance. so we're doing another 50% water change now

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice