Molly with hunched Back?!

AquaticalMonster84

Hi, I have a question, does this molly fish have a hunched back or drooping tail??!
IMG_1087.jpeg

IndusNoir

Looks like a perfectly normal shape to me.

AquaticalMonster84

Looks like a perfectly normal shape to me.
Ok, Thanks, its that the tail seems to be falling down a little bit? Or it isn't?

IndusNoir

Ok, Thanks, its that the tail seems to be falling down a little bit? Or it isn't?
The fin itself looks a bit rough, but that can heal with proper care. The way he carries it, the topline of the fish, looks normal for a molly.

If it makes you feel better, here are pictures of a healthy, and sick, bent molly of same species as yours, so you can see the difference.

b222c5147aec4ff327ee4ec37cd6b705.png
9e3edc42a59c56cdf900fc4b924c59f9.png
Healthy molly has a gently curved up topline that evens out towards the tail, sick molly has clamped fins and the topline slopes all the way down.

AquaticalMonster84

I
The fin itself looks a bit rough, but that can heal with proper care. The way he carries it, the topline of the fish, looks normal for a molly.

If it makes you feel better, here are pictures of a healthy, and sick, bent molly of same species as yours, so you can see the difference.

b222c5147aec4ff327ee4ec37cd6b705.png
9e3edc42a59c56cdf900fc4b924c59f9.png
Healthy molly has a gently curved up topline that evens out towards the tail, sick molly has clamped fins and the topline slopes all the way down.
I see, thank you, also what did you mean when you said his tail was "rough"?

IndusNoir

I see, thank you, also what did you mean when you said his tail was "rough"?
It looks like part of the fin is missing. If you compare to the picture I posted above of the same type of molly, a gold dust lyretail, you can see the normal fin shape. It seems yours was damaged at some point, but like I said, it can grow back with time and doesn't necessarily mean the fish is sick.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
bitseriously
Replies
Views
Gypsy13
Replies
Views
TexasDomer
Replies
Views