Molly tankmates and general care

TheAnglerAquarist

So long story short I am getting another aquarium! It is 35 gallons and it comes from my dads friend but there are mollies included. I know basically nothing about mollies! I need help. What are some good tankmates, along with general care, I know they are a livebearer to me they are a big platy.

AquaticQueen

As someone who has owned mollies in the past I feel like you really can't gage what other fish would work with them until you actually have them and have figured out their individual temperaments. One of my mollies was super aggressive and literally ended up killing other fish whereas the other two were super friendly and got along really well with everyone else (while they were alive, that is.) That's just my experience though, so maybe just wait until you've had them for a while and if they don't act like food-gobbling psychopaths like some mollies do, maybe try with a couple fish and if they're fine together, go ahead and add more.

TheAnglerAquarist

As someone who has owned mollies in the past I feel like you really can't gage what other fish would work with them until you actually have them and have figured out their individual temperaments. One of my mollies was super aggressive and literally ended up killing other fish whereas the other two were super friendly and got along really well with everyone else (while they were alive, that is.) That's just my experience though, so maybe just wait until you've had them for a while and if they don't act like food-gobbling psychopaths like some mollies do, maybe try with a couple fish and if they're fine together, go ahead and add more.
I was planning on monitoring for a while just by themselves

Similar Aquarium Threads

• SavTheArtist
  • Molly
Replies
Views
emeraldking
  • Question
10 Gallon Tank Is My Molly Pregnant?
Replies
Views
emeraldking