Molly question

Discussion in 'Freshwater Fish Disease' started by Alex126, Aug 5, 2014.

1. A

Alex126 Valued Member Member

I need help. Recently I moved my 10gallon into a 30gallon. I have a dwarf gourami. 3 neon tetras. 1 molly. And a royal pleco. I also am planning on geting 2 angle fish. My think my molly was attacked by a yoyo loach with I got rid of and now he has a white spot on him near his anal fin. I don't think it is ich though. He has been laying on the bottom of the tank for a few days now and he has been eating his food fine and swimming to the top only to return to lay at the bottom. Any idea why???? Tanks!!!!!!

2. ppate1977

ppate1977 Well Known Member Member

Did you cycle the 30 gallon? I'm assuming you used the same filter media, but if you didn't it could be a water issue. Good luck.

3. OP
    OP
    A

Yes I cycled the tank. And I went last week to the pet store to have them test my water. It was fine then and I went today and its still good. I'm assuming the cycle is done.

Sent from my iPod touch using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum

4. I love my puffer

I love my puffer Valued Member Member

Okay well he might be stressed. I would quarantine. His tank mates might be stressing him wich may have caused him to become ill. You sound like you may be overcrowding wich could be a problem. Angel fish and royal plecos are definitely pushing it. 29 is minimum for 1 Angelfish. I would try to upgrade ASAP. Quarantine your little guy and keep him in very clean water. Why don't you think it's ich? If problem persists or gets worse treat with a good ani bacterial/fungal med. watch the rest of your fishies as I do believe it might spread.Also reacerch all your fish and figure out their specific requierments and make sure you can meet all their needs.

Best of luck!
    I love my puffer

5. OP
    OP
    A

Ok. But I wouldent be able to upgrade. I up graded two weeks ago into the 29. And do you mean one angel is max for 29 or one angel and the rest of the fish?

Sent from my iPhone using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum

6. I love my puffer

One angel needs at least a 29

7. OP
    OP
    A

Ok

8. I love my puffer

I think you should keep the fish you havand once you can get a 60 gal or more for 2 angelfish by themselves that will be great:)

9. OP
    OP
    A

But at the store they have 4 angels in a 30.

10. I love my puffer

The pet store does not take good care of them then. They are overcrowded. Pet stores are NOT good role models at all. Focus on your molly and when you can get a 60 for 2 angles then that is awesome;) but meanwhile focus on your sick fish and get him better. Then you can think about more fish:)

11. OP
    OP
    A

Thanks for all the help!!!!!

12. I love my puffer

Anytime!!:;hf

Good luck and keep me updated on your little guy!;)
    i love my puffer

13. OP
    OP
    A

Will do!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice