Molly is possible labor ramming herself in rocks.

ladygodiva35

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
So two of my four female pregnant mollies have given birth in the same day. Now have a total of 20 - something combined fry.

I think my 3rd molly is going to labor now. She is usually the social one who comes to the glass when she sees me.

Now she is in a hiding spot and could careless about me and is breathing fast. Also chasing off the other females when they come close. But my question is why is she ramming herself against the rocks? She has never done this until now. Normal???

Forgot to mention that all the other mollies are acting normal and the PH is fine.

Last edited:

jetajockey

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
would have to see a vid to understand what you mean exactly, but some do get erratic when they get close to giving birth.

ladygodiva35

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I wish I could take footage and pics but my camera has been in the shop for 2 weeks. I was hoping to have it by now to get some awesome pics of the fry.

ladygodiva35

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
She was rubbing a few times but other times she was charging into them.

ladygodiva35

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Its full of 20 plus babies right now. Since two females decided to have the fry on the same day!

If it turns out to be ich do I buy aquarium salt? And how much do I add to the 10 gallon? Last time the medicine I bought killed all my fish. I don't want anything hurting my new fry.

jetajockey

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I advise against using aquarium salt. There are several posts in regard to dealing with ich, I don't have much experience with it, but the method that involves raising the tank temperature and frequent vacuuming seems to be the safest route. I wouldn't jump the gun and diagnose ICH just yet, either.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom