molly is acting strange

Discussion in 'Molly' started by jallshouse, Jan 22, 2006.

1. j

jallshouse New Member Member

hi all!!.....my molly is acting very weird, this morning until about 4:30 he was fine and now he is just laying at the bottom of the tank as if he is dieing :'( if i walk up to the tank where he is laying he gets more active nad swims around as if normal and ends up back where he started. i just looked closer at him to see if i could see anything that stood out and noticed his left eye is buldging way out from his body, and the other eye is normal. i am pretty sure he is dieing, but everyone else seems fine in the tank. i wanted to know if this would ring a bell to anyone on what the cause may be? i am just sick over this, he is my absolute favorite and if he passes he will be the first :'( :'( :'(

2. G

Gunnie Well Known Member Member

Sounds like your molly has pop eye.  Go to the freshwater fish disease section here on FishLore for medication recommendations.

https://www.fishlore.com/Disease.htm

Here are some other thoughts from a site I also trust:

3. OP
    OP
    j

thanks gunnie!! could my air stone have caused this, that is kinda what i took from the attached article you gave me? also. it says to lower the temp slowly, what is the lowest temp that is safe for the fish....from what i read it shouldnt go much below 76?

4. G

Gunnie Well Known Member Member

I don't think the airstone is the problem. It sounds like it's not from anything you've done. And I agree with you. I don't think I'd lower the temp. below 75. Butterfly might know more about that. ;)

5. OP
    OP
    j

my molly seems better today, but the eye is the same. he is acting normal from what i can tell. can my other fish catch pop eye, and can it get better on its own?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice