Molly Fry At 3 Weeks

Discussion in 'Freshwater Fish Forums' started by Little fry babies, Jun 15, 2018.

1. Little fry babies

Little fry babiesValued MemberMember

Hi everyone!
    My gold dust molly fry are 3 weeks old. I wanted to wait at least two more weeks before i add them to a community tank as i dont think they are big enough quite yet .What do you all think? Should i wait two more weeks or longer? Sorry for the bad pictures these little fry are healthy fast swimmers so its hard to get a really good pic of them.

2. GettinTanked

GettinTankedValued MemberMember

Lot of variables here -
    What else is in the community tank? Presumably things that will eat them. Is it heavily planted? How opposed are you to losing some?

3. OP
    OP
    Little fry babies

Okay I'll just longer then. Thanks.

4. OP
    OP
    Little fry babies

I'll wait longer. Sorry

5. GettinTanked

GettinTankedValued MemberMember

No worries! I didn't mean to be offensive. Some people aren't opposed to losing a few fry because they're such prolific breeders and it's kind of the natural way of things. I wasn't sure.
    You've got some very cute babies. Good luck with them.

6. RainBetta

RainBettaWell Known MemberMember

It really depends on how big they are. Some of my fry are nearly fully grown at only 3 months old. Some take 6 months. If you aren't very worried about losing one, maybe in a few weeks add only 1 fry and see how the other fish react.

7. OP
    OP
    Little fry babies

Its okay, no hard feelings . ;) thank you so much! I saved too many of the mickey mouse .I have 12 of them and only have three gold dust so i am extremely cautious with the three mollies.

8. OP
    OP
    Little fry babies

I am going to wait. Id rather be safe than sorry. Lol. I have a gold dust female, mickey mouse female, 2 cories, and mwon and glow light tetras in my community tank .Tetras are the worst whem it comes to smaller things. I see gow they tackle the flakes

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice