Molly Fish On Side For A Month

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amanda0603

Reaction score
I have had this molly fish for almost a year and a month ago he started having trouble swimming. He would swim on his side and he couldn't swim right. I put him in my hospital tank by himself and I contacted my local fish store. The first store told me it sounds like swimmers bladder and that I needed to stop feeding him, put some salt in the water, and then do a water change every 4 days. Well a month has gone by and he can't swim at all now. If I feed him (peas) it has to be by hand and he can't keep much down. He looks like he's losing some color and on one side his gold/black color is looking like it's fading to a white color. He's also developed a couple of small and I'm not sure if that's or if it has something to do with something else. He came out of a healthy tank with other molly fish and platty fish who are all doing fine. He's so week that when you stick your hand in the water the water movement moves him around. Any suggestions or thoughts as to what this could be and what I can do?

Dila415

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Mollys and most livebearing fish only live up to two years max .. so if you had it for a year and a month and about 3-6 months I can see it be due to old age can we get pictures also your water parameter?

I have had this molly fish for almost a year and a month ago he started having trouble swimming. He would swim on his side and he couldn't swim right. I put him in my hospital tank by himself and I contacted my local fish store. The first store told me it sounds like swimmers bladder and that I needed to stop feeding him, put some salt in the water, and then do a water change every 4 days. Well a month has gone by and he can't swim at all now. If I feed him (peas) it has to be by hand and he can't keep much down. He looks like he's losing some color and on one side his gold/black color is looking like it's fading to a white color. He's also developed a couple of small and I'm not sure if that's or if it has something to do with something else. He came out of a healthy tank with other molly fish and platty fish who are all doing fine. He's so week that when you stick your hand in the water the water movement moves him around. Any suggestions or thoughts as to what this could be and what I can do?

Amanda0603

Reaction score
is 0, is 7.6, and my are high at 10. I know the nitrates are high and my thought is it has to do with the extra peas that get left behind when I'm trying to hand feed him. At one point I was siphoning water out daily to get the leftover food particles but I was told by my local fish store that daily water change is bad for the fish and that I shouldn't do it more than once every 4 days. He's been like this for a month, maybe a bit more. At this point I can't imagine it's an infection or disease either. I'm at a loss on what to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toggle Sidebar

Advertisement

UV Sterilizers Worth It?

• Yes

Votes: 10 27.0%
  • No

Votes: 2 5.4%
  • IDK - never used one before

Votes: 25 67.6%

Top Bottom