Molly Fish Babies

Discussion in 'Freshwater Beginners' started by Shay1431, Aug 16, 2019.

1. Shay1431

Shay1431New MemberMember

Ratings:
    +7
    Experience:
    Just started
    My fish are having babies like crazy busy this is my 4th batch of mollies now. I was told that means there happy but its hard to tell when they keep getting ick I'm going to use what in have first before I get what my local fish store has because what I have works to. I'm thinking its waste but its hard to tell when I see no waste in the tank and I look all in the cracks and everything. I also thought about it might not be enough space in the tank now because my fish are having babies non stop. So now I am saving up for a 55 gallon for them

2. treadingwater

treadingwaterValued MemberMember

Ratings:
    +164
    Experience:
    More than 10 years
    Ick is caused by poor water conditions and only presents itself when the fish are stressed (as I'm sure someone else has already stated.) You should get a test kit and test your water. The water may not LOOK dirty but it is dirty. Ick isnt deadly unless it goes untreated and you dont solve the issue thats causing it in the first place, so fish go on about their normal lives until the parasites get too much to handle and overwhelm them. If they are healty, they can fight it off. Its now thought that most fish have been exposed to ick and that most aquariums have it laying "dormant" until the fish are so stressed they can no longer fight it off.

3. OP
    OP
    Shay1431

Shay1431New MemberMember

Ratings:
    +7
    Experience:
    Just started
    I noticed after dealing with it a few times. I also notice that that my second tank has plants and a stronger filtration so that is why I am going to go a head and upgrade to a bigger tank and add plants because it seems yo be keeping the fish safe in my other tank.

I started using this die called rapid-cure and it seems to be helping I do my last treatment tomorrow then a water change the day after

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 21, 2019

Become a Fishlore Member