Molly Can't Stay Afloat., 29 Gallon Tank 

Bacalaotropic

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Dalmatian molly sinks to bottom,struggling to breathe. Other Sunset molly and rest of stock is fine

Oops, not mollies rather platties , sorry, newbie. ?

Bacalaotropic

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
If I can find him, he's hidden somewhere .When he was visible , he could barely get off the gravel and was sort of sideways.

LittleBlueGuppy

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Bacalaotropic said:
If I can find him, he's hidden somewhere .When he was visible , he could barely get off the gravel and was sort of sideways.
Hmm, sounds like he is either very stressed by something or might be having some swim bladder issues. Does he have any protruding scales, white spots, ragged fins, peculiar bumps or any other possible signs of disease? Has anything possibly stressful happened to him recently? What is the entire stock of the tank? Has he had any injuries or sicknesses in the past?

Bacalaotropic

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
No ,none of things you mentioned. It's the first time I've seen one of my fish sick . I have 4 blk skirt tetras ,3 white skirt tetras , another sunset platy,very lively and healthy , my Chinese algae eater and the lost patient.
He was used to the pwc's, so I think that wouldn't stress him. I feed once a day and he was eating well, so don't know what's going on .

LittleBlueGuppy

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Bacalaotropic said:
No ,none of things you mentioned. It's the first time I've seen one of my fish sick . I have 4 blk skirt tetras ,3 white skirt tetras , another sunset platy,very lively and healthy , my Chinese algae eater and the lost patient.
He was used to the pwc's, so I think that wouldn't stress him. I feed once a day and he was eating well, so don't know what's going on .
Hmm, this is puzzling, I wish I could help you more. Poor little dude. the only thing I can think of would be some kind of swim bladder issue. I'm sorry.

Bacalaotropic

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Yeah probably , thanks for the interest .I 'll see what else I can find on the forum so maybe I can help him.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom