Molly Breeding

AndrewPorch23

I have 3 normal Mollies(all female) and 1 male Gold Lyretail Molly in my tank. My black molly is pregnant and i'd assume it's due to the male doing what comes naturally. Will the fry come out as lyretail? Normal? What color(s) will they be? Will they all be healthy? I know they will get eaten. I'm planning on separating the coolest ones for the first week or so lol.

Hunter1

It would only be a guess but I think the black will be dominant but a few will have a sprinkling of gold.

How big the tank is, and how much cover will determine if they’ll get eaten.

I have a heavily planted tank and want the fry to get eaten. But even with 2 full grown sailfin mollies, single male platy, pearl gourami and pair of honey gouramis, and 5 2.5” guppies, I always had a few survive. To the point I had to move the females out.

DJMAMOOT

It would only be a guess but I think the black will be dominant but a few will have a sprinkling of gold.

How big the tank is, and how much cover will determine if they’ll get eaten.

I have a heavily planted tank and want the fry to get eaten. But even with 2 full grown sailfin mollies, single male platy, pearl gourami and pair of honey gouramis, and 5 2.5” guppies, I always had a few survive. To the point I had to move the females out.
Agreed recently one of my dalmatin mollies gave birth to a solid silver Mollie

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
LexiNicoleAKAFishAddict
Replies
Views
Demeter
Replies
Views
JtheFishMan
Replies