Molly birth in progress!

Karina C.
My Mollie is in birth progress, she will ahve her babies soon, She has bees in the pace straight doun , tail up position for about 3 hours......how exciting. moved her to a little bowl and set it all up fo the babies to come. These are pictures of her right now. This is how they look and what they do prior to giving birth incase you didn't know what to look for.

tzqng8
Awesome! I'm new to this so I would have thought she was dying. Glad she isn't! Good luck!

Karina C.
nop she's good they always face down likethis when they are getting ready and stay for hours until they are done. Sometines they even have a bunch of babies and swim normal for abit and then latter they get back like this. she is swiming all over the tank. just up and down, up and down motions......funny

Lucy
HI Karina,
She's a pretty girl.
Thanks for posting your pictures.
I'm sure they'll be a great help to anyone new to mollies.
It might be helpful to others to post them here also as a good reference of a mollie getting ready to give birth:

Good luck and post pics of her babies!

Karina C.
HI Karina,
She's a pretty girl.
Thanks for posting your pictures.
I'm sure they'll be a great help to anyone new to mollies.
It might be helpful to others to post them here also as a good reference of a mollie getting ready to give birth:

Good luck and post pics of her babies!

Thank you Lucy, I up loaded her pictures to the Mollie picture page liek you sudjested. Hope everyone sees them and learns from them.

Cool Mollies pictures you have to see>

Thank you Lucy, I up loaded her pictures to the Mollie picture page liek you sudjested. Hope everyone sees them and learns from them.

mmmm

Martinismommy
What happened with this little girl? Did she pop yet? I've had Mollies give birth in the past and they never did what she is doing so I'm curious how she is....

Darlene
I hope all went well with her. We just had our very first molly babies yesterday. We didn't get to see it, just found them in the tank in the morning. Thanks for posting your pics it will be helpful if we go through this again, I didn't know they did that.

Karina C.
I hope all went well with her. We just had our very first molly babies yesterday. We didn't get to see it, just found them in the tank in the morning. Thanks for posting your pics it will be helpful if we go through this again, I didn't know they did that.

You Welcome.

She did fine and had about 24 babies that I counted, Went out and actually missed the delivery but they are all ok so far....however mommy seems a bit tired and well she's acting a bit weired. not moving too much and well I hope she doesn't do what my others have done. 3 Of my Mollies have past away soon after deliveries. I hope this one makes it. Any Ideas as to why they are all dying after they give birth, just wondering if I can do something to stop this.

What happened with this little girl? Did she pop yet? I've had Mollies give birth in the past and they never did what she is doing so I'm curious how she is....

She did fine and had about 24 babies that I counted, Went out and actually missed the delivery but they are all ok so far....however mommy seems a bit tired and well she's acting a bit weired. not moving too much and well I hope she doesn't do what my others have done. 3 Of my Mollies have past away soon after deliveries. I hope this one makes it. Any Ideas as to why they are all dying after they give birth, just wondering if I can do something to stop this.

FishFolk
Great job and cool pix! Congrats on the babies.

Lucy
I'm glad the delivery went well, but it makes me wonder, since your other mollies were positioned like that and didn't make it, if that's the normal position of a mollie giving birth.

Karina C.
I'm glad the delivery went well, but it makes me wonder, since your other mollies were positioned like that and didn't make it, if that's the normal position of a mollie giving birth.

Don't know but all of them have done the same thing. I just don;t think that 4 would do the same if it was not natural for them. MMMMM who knows , this is just my observasions and I kind of new to this fish thing. I mean 4 pointed down like this has to be normal or something, Unless they learn form each other and think it looks cool jajajjajajajaj.

thanks

Darlene
You Welcome.

I'm glad all the babies are doing ok. I hope the mother gets better. Our seems fine, the morning when we found the babies in the tank she was a little slower, but has perked up again. Good luck.

Martinismommy
Congratulations on the new finbabies! I'd love to see some pictures....

My experience with Mollies delivering was the would swim around like crazy stop for a minute and pop a few out then start swimming all over again until they were through having the babies....I never lost one after giving birth.....I'm wondering if it has anything to do with your girl being in a bowl and not a filtered aquarium...I may be wrong but the photos you posted look like she is in a goldfish bowl.....

fishy1

Bijou88
Cool!

Anders247
Congrats on the fry!
Welcome to fishlore!

fishy1
Unfortunately almost all died after 4 weeks

Anders247
Sorry for your loss.

BornThisWayBettas
Wow, so many babies! Congratulations! I wonder, do fish feel pain when giving birth?

fishy1
Amazing!! This specific female gave birth today for the 7th time.!!! Total 500 frys!!!!

Anders247
Wow, congrats!

Fishguy11
A good Molly

fishy1
Indeed

guppyx
Nice!!!!!

opal
Wow congrats on your fry!! Such an awesome video!

Zoe13
Sorry to hear that your fry died. That's amazing that she could have so many. Great video.

Molly105
Do you think fish feel pain during birth

Charlaboo
my ridiculously huge pregnant molly started having her babies today .. well she had one over 6 hours ago and no more have come .. last time it was one after the other .. I hope she is ok and I suppose there's probably nothing I can do to help ..

FishFish221
It sometimes takes livebearers a few days to a week to give birth to the whole batch, so its best to wait and see.

Charlaboo
Ok thanks.. no more yet

GrayGray4231
Maybe you could "soothe" them out of her...

Charlaboo
How would I do that? I'm going to give it another few days at least before I do anything drastic, she's still eating and doesn't seem to be in distress, this is her first batch so lol maybe one was premature haha

A. Rozhin

I have livebearers, too, so would like to know -- lol, are you kidding me with this? How do you "soothe" a fish?

GrayGray4231
Like "push" them out......I dunno, it is what my sister told me to put.

A. Rozhin

I'm going back to "Are you kidding me with this?" That will injure or kill the fish. Why would you offer up advice like that when you clearly don't know, by your own admission? What if someone actually took this advice? This is why I'm getting disgusted with aquarium forums. Can't separate the wheat from chaff.

GrayGray4231
K, sorry. That is just what my sister told me to put...

Lucy

K, sorry. That is just what my sister told me to put...

Please be careful when giving information.
We don't want to hurt the fish. Let's allow the members who have experience with this topic reply and help the OP in a safe manner.

Hunaid Hanfee
My mollies started giving birth how much time it will take to give birth all of her child?
I need help please.

Tony_097
But her in a sperate tank bredding cage or small container and watch her to minimize casulaties among the frys

Hunaid Hanfee
But her in a sperate tank bredding cage or small container and watch her to minimize casulaties among the frys
I seperated it. But I think I am watching her for more than 45 minute. How much time it will take?

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
CryoraptorA303
Top Bottom