Molly ‘barrel rolling’ when swimming, please help!

Ladymolly

I have had a Dalmatian Molly for 6 months now. He was in a 10 gallon with 2 platys, a bit overstocked, so I set up a 20 gallon for him. I did a fishless cycle for about a month then I put snails in before him. He was doing well for a few weeks until I noticed slight fin rot and started treating him with Melafix. Yesterday morning, he was swimming while doing non stop barrel rolls. I assumed it was swim bladder. A few hours later he was back to swimming regular. I've been doing daily 5g water changes. Today, I woke up to him swimming in barrel rolls again, so I did a 10g water change. If you have any info or ways to help please I want to save him so bad.
My test kit doesn't test for ammonia I am hoping there is none because of all of the water changes.
20g tank
Running for a month and a half
Has heater and filter, runs at 75 degrees F
Dalmatian Molly and 3 snails

5g daily water changes right now.
Using Topfin water conditioner
I use gravel vacuum

I tried to cycle before, but this is my second tank and I am getting the hang of it.
Unfortunately I'm using test strips at the moment.
Doesn't test ammonia
Nitrites 0
Nitrates 0
Ph 7.5

Fed every other day
Variety of flakes, bloodworms, and algae chips

Had him for 6 months
Finrot appeared almost 2 weeks ago, seems better. Swimming barrels appeared yesterday, stopped, then started again today.
Was using API fin and body cure didn't help and turned water pink, switched to Melafix after 2 days.
He was always a healthy fish before
Anything at all will help!!!!

emeraldking

Could be twirling desease. Or even something with his brains. Also then they can twirl vertically or horizontally. But if it's twirling desease, there's hardly a reasonable cure for that.

Upvote 0

Ladymolly

Could be twirling desease. Or even something with his brains. Also then they can twirl vertically or horizontally. But if it's twirling desease, there's hardly a reasonable cure for that.
If its twirling disease is that fatal? or can it be accommodated to? I don't know anything about twirling disease but ill do some research
Here are a few photos if it helps. This fish is my best friend. Im looking for anything to help him or make him more comfortable.

Attachments

• IMG_3176.JPG
    IMG_3176.JPG
    141.7 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_3175.JPG
    IMG_3175.JPG
    137.8 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_3167.JPG
    IMG_3167.JPG
    140.2 KB · Views: 19
Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads