Molly babies!!! Question

Discussion in 'Molly' started by Titan2008, Mar 24, 2010.

1. Titan2008New MemberMember

My molly had her babies this morning!!! im so excited, but now i need to know if there is anything special i need to do.. I just took the momma out of the net and the kids are hanging around in it with a few flakes and some fake green plants floating up top...any advice is welcomed! im new to the whole baby making thing here :)
    thanks!

2. bolivianbaby

bolivianbabyFishlore LegendMember

Congratulations! Molly babies are so cute!

For the fry, you can use infusoria, crushed flake, golden pearl, and probably a few others I didn't think of.

Good luck and please keep us posted!

3. OP
    OP
    T

Titan2008New MemberMember

Yeah they are adorable, she only had 9 live ones,there are like 3 already dead at the bottom, but it looks like they didnt develop all the way. is that normal for them?

4. bolivianbaby

bolivianbabyFishlore LegendMember

She may have had them prematurely. I'm sorry.

5. OP
    OP
    T

ohh, well she was huge at 4 am, then she had them between then and 11am, she prolly ate some of them too huh?! oh well, atleast i have 8 in there now, so lets hope for the best, ill try to add pics up later! thanks for the advice!

6. CharlemagneValued MemberMember

Congratulations! I had molly babies accidentally a year or two ago. I had some fish in a small bowl,(I had WAAAY too many fish in the tank cuz I didn't know about the nitrate cycle) and was doing a water change, when my sister noticed a baby fish swimming in the bowl. We never actually saw them being born, but we managed to save about 5. Then, unfortunately, after about a week we put them in the big tank in a breeders net. They all disappeared. :(( It was really sad. But, that's really exciting you've got babies!!! Best of luck!

7. OP
    OP
    T

Okay so the babies are thriving! and momma looks like she is about to burst again, she is looking and acting the same as she did when she had the last batch, is it possible she is still preggers? maybe she had to push those out to make room for the other ones? idk so i put her back in the net, and let the babies out in the 55 gal, removed the 2 males so the babies wouldnt get eaten. lets hope she has more :D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice