Molly acting weird

1. Flowingfins

Flowingfins Fishlore VIP Member

Last Friday I got some mollies, and the Dalmatian had always acted weird. At first I thought it was because she was settling in, them I thought it was because she was having her babies, but know I'm not sure. I found her stuck to the back flow and thought she was dead. I went to get her with the net and she swam away. ImageUploadedByFish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum1407005677.375625.jpg ImageUploadedByFish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum1407005721.912177.jpg

What do you think is wrong with her?

Sent from my iPhone using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum

2. Coradee

Coradee Moderator Moderator Member

Hard to tell from the pics but looks like she has some kind of fungus, she's also very thin so could have internal parasites as well, have you got a quarantine tank?

3. endlercollector

endlercollector Fishlore VIP Member

I recommend removing this fish ASAP and quarantining or euthanizing. She is very sick.

4. OP
    OP
    Flowingfins

I have a QT but it is currently occupied with guppies. I have a 2.5 gallon I could put her in, what should I treat her with?

5. OP
    OP
    Flowingfins

I have Mela fix, Jungle ich guard, and betta fix. The LFS and LPS are closed so if I need anything else I will run out and get it tomorrow.

EDIT: she is in the 2.5 gallon until she (hopefully) gets better.

6. OP
    OP
    Flowingfins

She isn't going to make it :( ImageUploadedByFish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum1407303874.942129.jpg
    Any ideas on what is wrong with her?

Sent from my iPad using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum

7. OP
    OP
    Flowingfins

Is this mycobacteriosis? She had internal bleeding and wouldn't eat. She passed last night:( if this is mycobacteriosis all of my tanks have it.

Sent from my iPhone using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum

8. OP
    OP
    Flowingfins

Bump

9. endlercollector

I think there is a good chance that it is. Have you tried googling photos of mycobacterial infections to see if any are similar to what your Molly has?

But it really is not the end of the world for your tanks. As I am finding with livebearers, it really is possible to live with the disease. What helps is to remember that it is about a community and not just an individual fish. If the fish in your tanks can reproduce at a similar rate to the culling by adult fish, by you, and by the disease, then you can do this with gloves and good water maintenance.

Hang in there.

10. OP
    OP
    Flowingfins

I am pretty sure thats what it is. What should I do? all but 1 maybe 2-3 of my tanks have it :(

11. endlercollector

Join the Mycobacteriosis support group :p

12. OP
    OP
    Flowingfins

I have joined the thread. sadly, I think we need to make mycobacteriosis a social group