Mollies Swimming Strangely?

FlipFlopFishFlake

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I have a fully cycled 55 gallon tank with no ammonia, no nitrite, and 10 ppm nitrate. The tank has a ph of 8.2 and is 78 degrees. Filtration is 2 marineland penguin biowheel 350s. Currently there is 3 mollies and a betta that I am temporarily housing. All 3 of the mollies aren’t eating and are exhibiting a weird swimming pattern in which they stay in one place moving their body like a snake instead of just the tail fin to move. Trying to figure out how to upload a video as of now.

Vaughn

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
Sounds like shimmies but I can't be sure. It's not a disease itself but it a symptom of something. I've read it could be from something in the water or stress. I'm leaning towards possible stress from the betta messing with them since your water sounds great. Have you seen the betta messing with them at all or do they seem to get along okay?

FlipFlopFishFlake

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
The betta was added a day after they started swimming oddly, it will be removed in a day as it was just temporary over Thanksgiving break. The betta has kids been keeping to itself.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom