Mollies Swimming In Continuous Upside Down Circles. Swimming Bladder Or ?

marilynL

Reaction score
Hi. I have 3 female mollies that I have raised from birth 5 months ago. These are the cream of the crop that survived. Suddenly 2 of them have exhibited these symptoms: Suddenly turning over all the time in circles. The first finally exhibited an eye popping out and I couldn’t stand it any longer and put her to sleep. The second has now been swimming like this for over a week and I can’t bear it. I have done preliminary research and results said these possibilities: Swimming bladder issues from Eating food not moist enough, eating too much, eggs being infected, and possibly disease. As I only had T.C. Tetracycline in-house, I have been treating the tank for 4 days, following directions etc. I have used the last dose. She is still exhibiting this behavior and oddly enough the other health one has developed a large spot of white above her tail.
I did have the water tested and all was fine. Tank has been well cycled.
All these females that had survived out of a group of 11 were the best and largest to survive bThats all I have for now n
Any help would be appreciated.

FishBiz

Reaction score
The two most likely options are either an infected swim bladder or dropsy. There's not much to do about an infected swim bladder, but some people believe that feeding them shelled peas may help. If it is dropsy, the best thing to do is quarantine it so it doesn't infect any other fish. Some symptoms are pinecone-ing, visible sores, wounds, discolorations (sounds like your fish has some discoloration), frayed/ragged fins, etc.

Hope this helps and they recover!

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom