Mollies nipping my gouramis?

Mybubbles

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
This is very strage I have a pair of male neon dwarf gouramis settled in nicely in their terrortories and there is no aggression between them. They had been in the tank 2 weeks and I also have 6 guppies in there too but they mind there own business and no one takes no heed, also I have 2 male mollies in there aswell. Today I purchased another 2 male mollies online and when they got in the tank everything seemed fine and they all settled in nicely to what I could see. However a couple of hours later I noticed the 2 new males mollies Fin nipping the Gouramis? And what makes this even more puzzling is that gouramis are supposed to be aggressive to fish attacking them or trying to get their terrority but the mollies are ganging up on the gouramis and its just worrying. They get along fine with all the other fish aswell. Anyone help me? Thanks

Reaction score
If fish are not compatible then they are not compatible sadly.. Give it a day see if they settle, if not you might need to move them to another tank.

str8shooter

Reaction score
Mollies for the most part are known fin nippers. Ideally for a lot of . fishes you want around 2 to 3 females per male so I would suggest trying to get females and decrease the amount of males. If the nipping dosnt.stop

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum mobile app

New Threads