10 Gallon Tank Mollies Mollies and more Mollies

F1indy2000

Reaction score
Experience
3 years
This is my first post in a long long time. Three years ago we got a 10 gallon tank from our neighbors. I basically knew nothing about having a fish tank but thought it would be good for my daughter to enjoy. So we get the tank all ready and then after a couple of weeks we get some fish for it. We got 2 swordtails, 2 zebra danios, 2 neons, and 2 MOLLIES. It wasn't long before the Mollies had frys and then its frys had frys and its frys etc. I always thought they ate their young? Not these. Basically my local pet store wouldn't take the fish so I found some friends that wanted them, however, each time it was quite a chore to catch them and each time I thought I had caught everybody there would still be more in there. I love the fish but this was rediculous. Then my water got bad and all the other fish died along with a couple of mollies. Not all of them and I had enough. It was time to do all I could to get rid of this plaige of mollies . I called another petstore thats near where I live and the guy I talked to there said he would take all of my mollies. I was able to catch them all and only have one left and thats it. There is one fish in my ten gallon tank. I have three live plants and have a blower going. So I look at it this way that my tank is readying itself for new fish. Now I look forward to adding new fish but I will garantee it won't be any Mollies, HA.

Also I will try to be more involved in the forums.

Lucy

Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Welcome back!
You've been a long time with those mollys haven't you? lol

F1indy2000

Reaction score
Experience
3 years
I know the female died shortly after she had the first set of frys. I have no idea if the original male survived or not. All I'm happy about is they are all gone and I can get a nice little tank going properly.

Lucy

Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
What are you thinking about getting? Do you still have the 10g?

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom