10 Gallon Tank Mollies Mollies and more Mollies

F1indy2000

This is my first post in a long long time. Three years ago we got a 10 gallon tank from our neighbors. I basically knew nothing about having a fish tank but thought it would be good for my daughter to enjoy. So we get the tank all ready and then after a couple of weeks we get some fish for it. We got 2 swordtails, 2 zebra danios, 2 neons, and 2 MOLLIES. It wasn't long before the Mollies had frys and then its frys had frys and its frys etc. I always thought they ate their young? Not these. Basically my local pet store wouldn't take the fish so I found some friends that wanted them, however, each time it was quite a chore to catch them and each time I thought I had caught everybody there would still be more in there. I love the fish but this was rediculous. Then my water got bad and all the other fish died along with a couple of mollies. Not all of them and I had enough. It was time to do all I could to get rid of this plaige of mollies . I called another pet store that's near where I live and the guy I talked to there said he would take all of my mollies. I was able to catch them all and only have one left and that's it. There is one fish in my ten gallon tank. I have three live plants and have a blower going. So I look at it this way that my tank is readying itself for new fish. Now I look forward to adding new fish but I will garantee it won't be any Mollies, HA.

Also I will try to be more involved in the forums.

Lucy

Welcome back!
You've been a long time with those mollys haven't you? lol

F1indy2000

I know the female died shortly after she had the first set of frys. I have no idea if the original male survived or not. All I'm happy about is they are all gone and I can get a nice little tank going properly.

Lucy

What are you thinking about getting? Do you still have the 10g?

Most photos, videos and links are disabled if you are not logged in.

Top Bottom