mollie, I need help!!! pregnant

luvlee11

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
mollie, I need help!!! pregnant , need replies please!!!!

I asked a quetion about why my mollie isnt having her babies ( help still wanted for that question) and i looked her over really ood just a sec ago..... I noticed that where her gravid spot is ... her umm, "disposal hole" is white. is this bad , if so do you know what is wrong with her , or is this a sign that she is ready? all help would be appretiated!

Shawnie

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
usually they get really squared off and boxy and the gravid spot gets darker...a pic would help

luvlee11

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
She has a dark gravid spot and she is squareing off ( cant give a pic ) do you know what the white spot is by her anil fin?

Shawnie

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
nope

luvlee11

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Thanks for the help!!!!!!

luvlee11

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
My mollie isnt STILL haveing her babies and im positive that she is pregnant ..... I dont really know what to do because i had a mollie b4 that just had them wile in the seperate tank.......... Sadly they all came out dead...??? I think it was her first pregnancy, then a day later i put her in the other tank and she died. So im stressing about this one going smothely. I have my white mollie in the other 5 gallon right now and she isnt eating, is this bad?????? HELP ME PLEASE!!!!!!!!! x

MaddieLynn

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
She's probably stressed from being cramped. Do you have a heater? Try raising the temperature a couple of degrees.

luvlee11

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Yes , I do have a heater but its one that I cant change, it just makes the temp stay at a regular 78 degrees. I have another heater in the 29 gallon but it would be to strong for the 5 gallon I have her in now. Do you happen to know what the white dot or tube looking thing inside of her is? Thank you!!!!!!! PS. do you have any suggestions for making her more comfortable during her birth?

MaddieLynn

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Don't move her into a breeder box. Make sure she has some plants to hide in. Sorry, but I don't know about the white dot.

luvlee11

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Thank you any way.

helen38

Valued Member
Reaction score
my molly had what i thought was a white spot but it was like a tube when i looked more closely at it. she had her babies abt 7 days after i saw that

luvlee11

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Thanks!!!!!!!!

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom