mollie fry

Timesdragonfly

Valued Member
Reaction score
well i was at the pet store yesterday, and when they moved the rock to get at the cory cat I wanted 20 or so baby mollies came darting out! They netted four and gave them to me since they didn't have anywhere to put them and the bigger fids in the tank were prolly going to eat them anyways.
So now I have four baby mollies, and no idea what to do with them or how to raise them. so far, I put them in the ten gallon q-tank with the new cory cats... they are leaving the mollies alone so far, and all four were still there this morning. I crushed a flake of food up as fine as I could get it to feed the fry. I did that last night ans this morning, and they seem to be eating. My fiance is supposed to feed them this after noon.
I have no idea how old they are... they are smaller than a pensil eraser, so I put one of my knee highs over the filter intake tube, so they couldn't get up in that.

What am i doing worng? what should I be doing... thanks!
~J~

atmmachine816

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Sounds like you are doing everything right, just make sure the flake food is veeryy small. You can also feed them baby bring shrimp and other things.

Austin

Richard

Well Known Member
Reaction score
First off, they're safe with the Cories.. a great diet for them at the size you've described them at, would be a powdered food called 'First Bites' which you'll find at your LFS along with the powder and small chunks you find in a container of freeze-dried Brine Shrimp.. my Molly fry love that stuff and grow as fast as Shaquille O'Neal probably did when he was a kid!

atmmachine816

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Richard have you ever tried putting flake food in a ziploc bag and smashing it up real good, works great and doesn't cost extra money, you can also breed your own brine shrimp, very easy.

Stradius011

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Pet stores can give frys to you? Wow, I'm going to see if my pet store will give me some of their guppy frys that they have in their female guppy tank.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom