Moldy Flakes

Bacalaotropic

Valued Member
Messages
95
Reaction score
68
Points
28
Experience
Just started
I started to feed my friends this morning, when I noticed some of the flakes had a green mold. Eeeek, I cringed, OMG, I'm going to poison them! I immediately grabbed the net and scooped up all I could, but alas, they ate some. I hope they don't get sick. Can that mold cause harm? I had blood worms so they didn't miss their meal. Getting new flakes of course.
Could be the humidity I suppose.
 

david1978

Fishlore Legend
Messages
13,529
Reaction score
9,826
Points
758
Experience
More than 10 years
Generally mold is safe to eat. Even moldy bread although visually yuk it wont hurt you.
 

scarface

Fishlore VIP
Messages
6,913
Reaction score
7,354
Points
598
Experience
Just started
Yeah mold isn't a big deal. Think of all the beautiful cheese we have and how they're made and why we like them so much.
 
  • Thread starter
  • Thread Starter
  • #4

Bacalaotropic

Valued Member
Messages
95
Reaction score
68
Points
28
Experience
Just started
Wow, that's a relief, was kinda freaked out there for a moment. Well,newbie you know . Thanks for clearing that up for me. Happy holidays!
 
Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!





Top Bottom