My mom's fish tank has developed some strange brown mold-looking stuff on the pebbles and sides of the tank. We cleaned it off, but it came back. Anyone know what it could be?
all tanks have it but, too much means you have overfed your fish.
If it is a new tank, it is algae but it is normal and will go away with time. It is growing on the coating inside the walls and rocks and when the stuff ages it will go away. Just keep cleaning it once in a while and it will go away. Some day you will get up and check the tank and it will be gone. POOF!
The tank is not brank new (6 months), so I was worried it wasn't algae. Thanks!