Mold In Tank.

  1. 2211Nighthawk Well Known Member Member

    So I have a 60g tank with an 8" or so glass cross brace. Because my fish like to splash, mold has started growing on the underside where the light dosen't heat/dry the brace. How can I clean that off without poisoning my tank?
     
  2. Aquaphobia Fishlore Legend Member

    I would just use a scrubber pad and manually remove it on a regular basis.
     

  3. 2211Nighthawk Well Known Member Member

    Ok. I though because it was mold and not just alge it would need a clearer or something. I've dealt with mold issues and it needed a cleaner. That being said it was a lot more than the few spots on my tank.
     
  4. Celestialgirl Well Known Member Member

    I'd try vinegar if scrubbing didn't work. I've used it in my tank for water deposits/algae, but it may work on mould too.
     

  5. 2211Nighthawk Well Known Member Member

    Would it mess up my tank if it drips? It's a big tank but I'm parinoid.
     
  6. Celestialgirl Well Known Member Member

    Mine is a 37 gallon and it didn't mess up my tank.
     
  7. Aquaphobia Fishlore Legend Member

    I would say if you're getting it out of there regularly that it's not going to have a chance to form spores and spread.
     

  8. 2211Nighthawk Well Known Member Member

    Good to know.

    Yeah. It's just a few spots. My other tank never did that but it was only 12" wide and the light was hot enough it kept the lids dry. This one is 18" wide.