Modifying Betta Falls

Discussion in 'Saltwater Aquarium Builds' started by Fishyperson, Jul 9, 2018.

1. F

Fishyperson New Member Member

I was thinking of modifying a betta falls aquarium so that I could put 3 pairs of dwarf seahorses, one in each compartment, is this possible?

2. Fanatic

Fanatic Fishlore VIP Member

Honestly, that's too small for anything really.
    I wouldn't keep seahorses in this tank.

3. Repolie

Repolie Well Known Member Member

You could turn it into a shrimp tank. Or turn it into some kind of cool aquascape with no creature but shrimp in there.

4. IHaveADogToo

IHaveADogToo Well Known Member Member

I wouldn't even keep bettas in that

5. Lorekeeper

Lorekeeper Well Known Member Member

Dwarf seahorses would be far too sensitive for such a small amount of water. Space might not be a terrible issue, but it'd be impossible to get it stable enough for healthy seahorses.

That said, there have been a few pico reefs set up in the betta falls tanks before. But, again, it's hard to keep stable.

6. OP
    OP
    F

Fishyperson New Member Member

Okay I thought so, I was just wondering. How about the marineland portrait with some filter mods.

7. Lorekeeper

Lorekeeper Well Known Member Member

Well, the marineland portrait is fine. But at that point, why not go with a standard 10 gallon for extra water volume? Dwarf seahorses are truly sensitive. You're gonna have to hatch baby brine and feed 2-3 times a day. That's a good way to foul water quality, and until you've learned how to do it well, I'd say that it'd be extremely difficult not to foul water in something less than 5-10 gallons.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice