Help Moddable screen lid?

Pfrozen

Well Known
Reaction score
Need to find a screen lid for my 10g that I can cut pieces out of for my filters, airlines, etc. I have a plastic hood with crappy built in lights at the moment and would like to upgrade. Any products out there? Thanks

swimmingslowly

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I’m curious about this as well as my friend just purchased a 40 gallon and was considering making a lid from plexiglass? He has a 120 gal HOB filter that he is going to use so he needs an opening in the lid for it.

Nickguy5467

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
swimmingslowly said:
I’m curious about this as well as my friend just purchased a 40 gallon and was considering making a lid from plexiglass? He has a 120 gal HOB filter that he is going to use so he needs an opening in the lid for it.
i made a lid out of egg crate once and made space open for my filters

Salem

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
I believe Exo Terra makes a screen cover that you could cut some holes out of with wire cutters. It may be difficult to do though and awkward to remove during feeding/cleaning. As Nick says egg crate is a good alternative but if you want something more sleek looking .

OP
P

Pfrozen

Well Known
Reaction score
Yea I'm terrible with tools, anything I make will look horrible, no matter how simple it is. I could maybe put together a 4 piece puzzle in 6 weeks if no one distracts me lol. Looking for something I can easily work with out of the box

New Threads