Mixing rams and neon tetras?

1. uncclewis Well Known Member Member

Can rams and neon stay together? What about rams and shrimp?

Are rams and dwarf chiclid the same thing?

2. Platylover Fishlore VIP Member

I believe they can, but be prepared to return the ram or neons. I have them with cherry barbs and they are fine.:) Rams and shrimp could be together for a small period while the Ram is preparing the table. So no, they can't, the Rams would eat them. Yes they are a dwarf cichlid.:)

3. uncclewis Well Known Member Member

LOL. OK scratch that idea. Are there any dwarf chiclid that can go with shrimp?

4. Platylover Fishlore VIP Member

I don't think so... I looked into it some and it seems like barely any(if any) species of dwarf cichlid can work with shrimp. But maybe there are some that could work, I'll let someone else comment on that. What shrimp do you have?

5. uncclewis Well Known Member Member

Ghost, cherry, bee, amano, bamboo.

6. uncclewis Well Known Member Member

Is that a lot of types of shrimp? I wish I had more. Lol!!

7. Platylover Fishlore VIP Member

Haha, yeah I love shrimp, none is to many(unless you literally only see shrimp, then you may be slightly overstocked)! I love bamboo especially, I'd get some if I had a suitable tank, but I have Bolivian Rams. So that wouldn't work...

8. uncclewis Well Known Member Member

Tonight I feed sooo much lol. My bad. But my fish are all so ooo fat. They are refusing to eat more lol (the rest and left some. Now shrimp are getting to it or it's rotting lol. Normally the shrimp are out competed lol. They are lowest on the todem pole

Cherry was eating blood worms lol

9. DoubleDutch Fishlore VIP Member

Rams and neons have different temp needs. Cardinals are compatible.

10. uncclewis Well Known Member Member

Thank you!!