Mixing molly fry with my betta fry

critter_fritter79

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
I am getting ready to head back to Missouri next week and am wondering if I can mix fry. I have 5 balloon molly fry that are almost the same size as my betta fry..just a tad bit bigger. Can I put them together for the trip, that way it will cut down on the pumps and heaters going in the truck...

Furallicah

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Maybe....but are they large enough to put back into sepreat tanks once you get there?

Red1313

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Could you "bag" the molly fry and then float that in with the betta fry? They'd still be heated or you could do vice-versa since the Betta fry wouldn't need as much airation as the molly... but the sloshing would probably aerate enough...

critter_fritter79

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Since they are about the same size, I had considered leaving them together in the big tank when I get home..but they can be seperated if need be. I was worried about the mollies maybe being aggressive and bullying the betta fry during the long trip.. I have also tried to think of ways to keep them seperated but in the same container also... the betta fry have their own "fish taxi".. a 5 gallon water jug

COBettaCouple

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
If you have fish protector, that's great to help with transporting fish.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Aquarium Photo Contests

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom