Mixing dwarf cichlids

Mii

Can different a few different types of apistos with maybe a Bolivian Ram? I'd only keep one of each species because they can get more aggressive when raising fry and also I don't want fry. Would i have to worry about apsitos hybridizing or would they not? I guess i could just get all same sex so they couldn't breed. Assuming I'd use lots of tall plants like amazon swords to break their line of sight, how many square feet of territory does an apisto or ram need to stop aggression???

RomeoOscar

I have a Kribensis pair which are also dwarf cichlids, they need about 30 square centimeters of their own, they'll chase anyone away. (spawning atm) not sure about those you mentioned, never had them. If it's anything like the kribs, should be similar, also you'll be wanting the males as they're more peaceful.. But I'm not sure if it's the same in apistos

OP
Mii

Mii

RomeoOscar said:
I have a Kribensis pair which are also dwarf cichlids, they need about 30 square centimeters of their own, they'll chase anyone away. (spawning atm) not sure about those you mentioned, never had them. If it's anything like the kribs, should be similar, also you'll be wanting the males as they're more peaceful.. But I'm not sure if it's the same in apistos
Well if they are like kribs (i don't see any reason for them to need more space than kribs as both apistos and rams are smaller than kribs) i could keep 2 in a 20 gallon

New Threads