mixed tiger barbs?

cicatriz

Valued Member
Reaction score
hi all,

i currently have one green tiger barb and 2 dwarf puffer fish in my tank. can anyone tell me if i were to get say several more green and an albino would the albino school with the green tiger barbs?

Tom

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
How big is the tank in question? I personally don't know about barbs, but that question would probably come up later.
Tom

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
yep all the tiger barbs should all school together. They ID each other more by shape than color.
Carol

cicatriz

Valued Member
Reaction score
a 10 gallon tank - so i figure one of each (green and albino) would probably max out the tank. but before i do this i wanna know if the albino will school with the green - if not i will just get 2 green instead of an albino.

whetto

Valued Member
Reaction score
hey, quick question, what do you feed your dwarf puffers? cause ive had three of them(all got fish TB sadly) and i could never really nail down what they ate. any suggestions for future dwarfs?

cicatriz

Valued Member
Reaction score
the advice i have been given (and seems to work so far) is frozen blood worms... generally i feed the barb flakes a bit ahead of time so he doesnt take all the bloodworms for himself. i have been told as the dwarfs get bigger that i should feed them things with a shell (meal worms, krill, etc) because their beaks continue to grow and need to be warn down. i have read that if the puffers are not 'trained' early on to eat non live food then they may only eat live bugs and such. thankfully my two seem to like the frozen worms... i will give them a few meal worms when they get bigger than my thumb nail!

also,

thanks for the info on barbs schooling - shape not color, good to know!

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
The puffers will also enjoy snails.
Carol

whetto

Valued Member
Reaction score
yeah, i knew about the snails, i even went so far as to buy a small tank to farm them for the sole purpose of feeding my dwarfs and my GSP. unfortunately, as stated before my little guys all got fish TB so i had to go through the bad experience of ending their pain. i do want more cause they are great little guys to have, i just wasnt having luck feeding them(possibly cause of the TB)

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom