mixed breed platy?

dvm
I have a platy but he's a orange wag platy and lepard platy mix. I think.
he has a white face with black dots. right behind his front fins it has orange dots that turn into solid orange. all of his fins are black. inamed him STARBURSTI don't know why but it just stuck. I just don't know if he is mix or not. but he rox!

dvm
does anybody want me to post a picture?

Mike
HI dvm - please try to make posts in the most appropriate section. Moving to the platy board.

Thanks,
Mike

dvm
and how do I do that?

Mike
Go into the most appropriate section/board and create your thread from that board.

Butterfly
Just sounds like a black wag platy to me
Carol

dvm
I don't know what it is but he is a cutie! do you want me to post a picture?

Butterfly
do you want me to post a picture?
Yes please ! we love pictures here
carol

dvm
ok! but I have another qestion. starburst [the platy] has been the same size for a few months now and my other baby platies are growing like everyday. I don't know if I have to many fish in one tank which is stunting his growth or not. I would put him in my betta tank my betta is too aggersive.???

Butterfly
What size is the tank? How many/what fish are in it? How long has it been set up?
I don't think Bettas and Platys would get along to well in a small tank. They basically occupy the same space and Bettas don't like anybody in their personal space. Just like a lot of people I know
Carol

dvm
the tank is 20 gallons and I have about 9 or 1o fish and it's been up and running for about a month

Butterfly
Are you testing your Ammonia, nitrites and Nitrates ?
carol

dvm
no. should i?

Butterfly
yes you should be testing your ammonia, nitrites and nitrates regularly. Most tanks don't cycle in a month and you could have Ammonia or Nitrite spikes that are harmful to your fish. By testing you can tell when this happens and can do extra water changes when needed for the safety of your fish.
Carol

COBettaCouple
If your tank isn't cycled, you might want to try using Prime to treat the tap water. It will help protect the fish from the cycle.

dvm
ok thank you very much!!!!;D sorry but I have many qestions.;D I have a zebra danio and I am pretty sure she's pregnant. but I only have a 2.5 gallon tank and an air pump with a air stone. I am getting a sponge filter but I feel the tank is too small. I want to get a 10 gallon one but my parents won't let me even though I can buy it myself. what do I do
:helpsmilie:

Butterfly
If you only have the one zebra danio she isn't pregnant. Danios are egg scatters and need a male and female both to have live fry. The 2.5 g would be big enough any way.
Carol

dvm
oh I have a male and he is very active!

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Ekparcher
  • Platy
Replies
Views
Fishboy32
  • UnknownUser
  • Platy
Replies