Mix Well?

Tom

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
First off, welcome to Fishlore!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Second, a few questions.
1) What type of rainbowfish are you planning on getting?
2) How many of each fish are you planning on getting?
3)What type of gourami are you wanting to get?
4) Were you planning on getting a type of bottom feeder and/or algae eater?
5) Live plants or fake plants?
Remember to let your tank cycle, and introduce the fish a few at a time.
I know that guppies will mix with platys, and depending on the type of and number of the other fish.
I think these questions and the answers should all give a good understanding on what is needed. I hope you have a lot of luck.
Tom

guppygranny

Valued Member
Reaction score
Welcome and welcome! My guppies have mixed well with the giant danios, emperors, and swords before. I've never had rainbows. I have had an incident with Black Skirts attacking younger guppies, and I never mix them with adult angels. Gouramis are usually peaceful until they are ready to defend their nests, and they can get really big. All will eat baby guppies. Hope I helped! Good Luck-Guppygranny.

lopez_316us

Reaction score
lopez_316us said:
Hi everyone! I have a 30 gallon Tank and i Will like to know how Guppies mix with Gouramis, Angel Fish, Red Wagtail Platy, Rainbowfish, Black Tetra, Emperor Tetra, Giant Danino, Silver Dollar Tetra? If someone have a recommendation please let me know!!! Thanks
Hi everyone! I'm new in the forum and thanks for answer my question. First, I have a 30 gallon tank already cycled and total of 14 fish. 1 Angel fish, 2 Gouramis one blue female and one gold male, 2 Silver Dollar Tetra, 2 Red Wagtail Platy, 1 Emperor Tetra, 1 Black Tetra, 1 Giant Danino, 2 Rainbowfish one Red Irian Rainbowfish and 1 with the Blue part at the from and the yellow part at the back, 2 Corydoras Catfish, 3 Red Crab and 7 Snails. My tank have real plants total of 8 plants different species.I change the water 2-3 time a week and i add around 4-5 spun of salt every change of water. I have the tank for around 6 month and the last addition was the Danino, Emperor and 2 Red Wagtail Platy. So far everything is really good no problems. But I will like to add a couple of Guppies or some small tetras like neon tetras to add more color to my tank. I will like any suggestions or tips or comments of Guppies or other species that i can add to my tank! Really thanks to everyone!! and I'm exited with this wedsite!!!!!

Tom

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
lopez_316us said:
2 Rainbowfish one Red Irian Rainbowfish and 1 with the Blue part at the from and the yellow part at the back
If I know what fish your talking about, that is a boeseman's rainbowfish, it can grow up to 4". What size is it now? My friends mom has one tht is 4" long and it eats anything and everything that fits in it's huge mouth. I know that if it tries to eat zebra danios, it will probably eat guppies.
Why don't you try and get a few more emperor tetras because they like to school with them selves. Hope I helped.
Tom

tan.b

Well Known Member
Reaction score
hi and welcome! here's a chart thats useful to have which shows which fish can/cant go together and if you have real plants which fish will be ok with those too!

good luck

Tan

lopez_316us

Reaction score
About the side of my fishes the larges one is about 1.5 ins. And I found the name of the Rainbowfish that i have and is Melanotaenia bosemani. Thus i will grow up until 3.5 ins. i think you are imagining the wrong one. Also, my tank is already 5 month old. Anyway, I will really appreciate if you have more commens or tips! Really thanks for your help!

Tom

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Is your rainbow fish this one?

If it is, it does grow to 4" because my friends mom has one and it is about 4" and also different books I've seen them in all say they grow to be 4" in length. They are called Boeseman's Rainbowfish(common name) and Melanotaenia Boesemani(latin name). They also like to live in small shoals. Hope this helps.
Tom

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom