Missing up vote button

FishBoy101

Best Answer - View Hugooo's answer

Hugooo

Mike , I'm having this issue as well.

Edit: Actually, now that I'm looking at other threads, the up vote button is only missing for the original post, but that makes sense. I can see it on all other posts though. FishBoy, is that from the first post of a thread or no?

FishBoy101

Hugooo said:
Mike , I'm having this issue as well.

Edit: Actually, now that I'm looking at other threads, the up vote button is only missing for the original post, but that makes sense. I can see it on all other posts though. FishBoy, is that from the first post of a thread or no?
It isn't, on all threads, every post is missing it.

Hugooo

FishBoy101 said:
It isn't, on all threads, every post is missing it.
Hmm, let's wait for Mike. I use the Fishlore Blue mode, and I see the button. After switching over to the Light mode, I see it's missing for me as well. Must be a software issue.

StarGirl

Hugooo said:
Hmm, let's wait for Mike. I use the Fishlore Blue mode, and I see the button. After switching over to the Light mode, I see it's missing for me as well. Must be a software issue.
What are blue and light mode? j/k I just don't see how you all do it. lol

Hugooo

StarGirl said:
What are blue and light mode? j/k I just don't see how you all do it. lol
Do you mean switching between modes? Go to the bottom of the page, and click on style chooser.

Kribensis27

I’m on light mode and I see it???

StarGirl

Come to the dark side my friends its bright and colorful. Mine are all working fine.

Hugooo

StarGirl said:
Come to the dark side my friends its bright and colorful. Mine are all working fine.
Never!! You people only use dark mode because you're old and your eyesight is broken!! J/k But I wear contacts

GlennO

I didn't know about the styles. I see the upvote in dark and blue but not in light mode.

StarGirl

Hugooo said:
Never!! You people only use dark mode because you're old and your eyesight is broken!! J/k But I wear contacts
Me too. Its more relaxing to me. I like the dark all the colors are brighter.

edit: missing in my light mode too.

Betta'sAnonymous

Hugooo said:
Your vision is more broken than mine. No glasses, 20/20 vision and i am OLD!!

StarGirl

Im on light and it is there, just veryyyy white. You can still click it but you cant see it.

Hugooo

StarGirl said:
Im on light and it is there, just veryyyy white. You can still click it but you cant see it.
I tried and that's the case for me too. Mike must have missed a design thingy or something.

Kribensis27

I’m on light mode and it’s perfectly visible. It’s just a black upvote button. I want to switch to dark mode tho, I just don’t know how.

Hugooo

When I check light mode it's still the same. To switch, go to the very bottom of the page, click on style chooser, and click on fishlore dark. It might take a little to get used to
Kribensis27 said:
I’m on light mode and it’s perfectly visible. It’s just a black upvote button. I want to switch to dark mode tho, I just don’t know how.

Lucy

Are you all looking for the Best Answer trophy thing?

I can see the upvote in dark mode not light mode

Kribensis27 said:
If you're using a computer, it's at the bottom left under Style chooser.
Also the light bulb at the top right where your user name is

SouthAmericanCichlids

StarGirl said:
Never! I will never give in to the dark side!
I prefer how dark mode looks, I'm just too used to light mode though.
Also Kribensis27 it is the light bulb at the top panel or the very bottom of the page for the other themes.
Also does anyone use Fishlore.U.I.X mode or whatever it's called, I mean half of the reason I joined FL was because it didn't look like that (And all my questions searched in google brought up FL)

GlennO

Kribensis27 said:
hmm...I went back to light mode and it's invisible to me. I can mouse over it so it's there, but hiding.

Hugooo

Lucy said:
Are you all looking for the Best Answer trophy thing?
No. When on light mode, the up vote button can't be seen. You can click on it, it's just invisible and you have to click on the right spot. This is not the case for other modes, which is why we're confused. Hoping Mike can respond. This is what we're talking about:

Lucy

Hugooo said:
No. When on light mode, the up vote button can't be seen. You can click on it, it's just invisible and you have to click on the right spot. This is not the case for other modes, which is why we're confused.
Yup. noticed that, hence the rest of my post

Kribensis27

Ok, thanks! I’m in dark mode now.

StarGirl

Dark mode rules the world....at least in my camp. So soothing.
Kribensis27 said:
Ok, thanks! I’m in dark mode now.

Fisch

Hugooo said:
I just clicked on the number beside the like button and it voted it up....
Fisch said:
I just clicked on the number beside the like button and it voted it up....
I am in light mode...

Mike

Woops, sorry about that. Should be fixed now.

jdhef

I can see it now...Thanks Mike

AngieKay3000

Okkkk newbie here trying to figure out what the “vote up” button purpose is? One of my replies in a thread was “voted up” ? I can’t find the explanation.

FishBoy101

Up vote is when someone is thinking that is a really good answer, it is right next to the like button on PC version.

Mike

AngieKay3000 said:
Okkkk newbie here trying to figure out what the “vote up” button purpose is? One of my replies in a thread was “voted up” ? I can’t find the explanation.
I believe it is a borrowed concept from the stackpath websites that programmers used to upvote the best answer for a question. Whichever response in a thread gets the most upvotes will be marked as the "best answer" inside the thread and a link will then show under the original post that will direct them to that marked best answer. People having the same question later on will then be able to find the best answer more quickly.

AngieKay3000

Mike said:
I believe it is a borrowed concept from the stackpath websites that programmers used to upvote the best answer for a question. Whichever response in a thread gets the most upvotes will be marked as the "best answer" inside the thread and a link will then show under the original post that will direct them to that marked best answer. People having the same question later on will then be able to find the best answer more quickly.
Thanks much!!

Most photos, videos and links are disabled if you are not logged in.

Top Bottom