Help Missing snail

inoiid

Reaction score
i have one nerite snail missing! I have 02 of them and one of them escaped, i saw him/her next to the filter. My hood does have a hole but i couldn’t find my snail behind the stand of my tank or near the walls. Right now i am going to cover the hood with something but i’m still trying to find the snail, any suggestions?

Sputnik

Reaction score
Experience
3 years
They do that! Look in the tank and around it and be sure to check the filter and under the lid near the rim- they can stay out of water a long time so try not to worry too much! good luck!

OP
inoiid

inoiid

Reaction score
thank you, i thought it would be buried around the sand or be inside the filter but i found nothing. I will be on the look out

StarGirl15

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I have found mine up underneath the hood on the glass under the light. They are sneaky.

mattgirl

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Closer to Heaven every day but for now-Arkansas
Experience
More than 10 years
I discovered the hard way that nerites are escape artists. One of mine disappeared. I've looked every where and he is just gone. He has been missing in action for a couple of months now. I am 100% sure the little guy is no longer in the tank as I have removed and checked everything including in the filter.

I have looked around under and through the area around the tank. No sign whatsoever of him. No pet that would have eaten him either. The only place I am unable to check is under my tank stand. It has a small opening across the back where he could have gone under it. Impossible to check there without emptying and moving my 55 gallon tank to be able to pull the stand away from the wall. It is truly a mystery. BTW: his name was Merlin.

Musta been aliens at work again. :D I do hope your little guy is just really good at hiding.

New Threads