Missing Snail?

Salem

I have 3 black devil snails and recently one of them has seemingly gone missing? For those unsure of those snails- they're similar to rabbit snails or mts. Their shells are black and almost 3 inches long so they're kind of hard to miss. They burrow sometimes but I have yet to see them completely cover themselves in the sand.

Should I go digging through the sand? Take out the decor and search? Just wait and see if he comes out on his own?

JustAFishServant

I have 3 black devil snails and recently one of them has seemingly gone missing? For those unsure of those snails- they're similar to rabbit snails or mts. Their shells are black and almost 3 inches long so they're kind of hard to miss. They burrow sometimes but I have yet to see them completely cover themselves in the sand.

Should I go digging through the sand? Take out the decor and search? Just wait and see if he comes out on his own?

I recommend waiting. Don't bother the Snails! They should eventually resurface

btw I love BDS!!! They're such wonderful Snails!!

Salem

I love them too that's why I was even considering looking for them! They're super duper hard to find in my parts (only available maybe once a year or two, 3 hours away, $7 a snail) and I would be absolutely heartbroken if one of them even felt a tiny bit sick.

Salem

Is there a point where I should consider looking? Like if hes gone for a certain amount of time?

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Sputnik
  • Question
  • derpychicken
  • Snails
Replies
Views
Sb092
  • Kaytlynn
  • Snails