Missing snail and now sick fish

Pancakez

My snail that I accidentally got(he was with my african clawed frog when I got him?) Has disappeared. He was in with my guppies and minnows, but he's gone and now my fish have itch. I did a water change and searched the whole tank for him, but he's not there. I looked all around the house and he's not there.

The biggest problem is, my frog had been around those minnows recently. I don't know what to do or how to treat everyone. I've never dealt with itch before.

Help

Silverleaf209

I think you should put all of the fish that have ich in a separate tank and do a water change on the tank with ich maybe 25% or more depending on how many of the fish have it, then search up medicine for Ich.
Oh but you should still try to treat the other fish just in case they have it.

Pancakez

I think you should put all of the fish that have ich in a separate tank and do a water change on the tank with ich maybe 25% or more depending on how many of the fish have it, then search up medicine for Ich.
Oh but you should still try to treat the other fish just in case they have it.
Thank you
I'll do that as soon as possible.

Silverleaf209

Thank you
I'll do that as soon as possible.
How do you think your tank got the Ich?

DoubleDutch

Ich should be treated in the main tank cause the parasite lives partly in free water. Seperating fish with Ich isn't useful at all.

Silverleaf209

Ich should be treated in the main tank cause the parasite lives partly in free water. Seperating fish with Ich isn't useful at all.
Sorry for the wrong info, hope you can help them.

Pancakez

How do you think your tank got the Ich?
I have no idea
In all the years I've had fish ive never had ich before.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Sage Exotics
Replies
Views
Chrisfish7887
Replies
Views
hickorysmoke
Replies
Views